SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 07:22:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint Booth  (Read 3800 times)
Choicevend
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:09 pm »

Ok I have the paint sprayer I have the compressor never did this before and I have no intention of doing the CSS64 this way I will opt for the body shop since thats a keeper. However I have Choice Vend VUB/C that needs a paint job so if I mess up on it which I most likely will it will be a learning experience. How do I set up a paint booth in my garage so I do not get paint dust all over the neighbors cars and ours I have heard this can happen is that only when doing cars due to the large amount of paint used? I would imagine a soda machine should not make that big of a mess as doing a car, let me know what to expect here how do you exhaust it or don't you? I know its not rocket science, so how you have rigged up a paint booth for those of you who do your own painting. I have a respirator and would not even think about doing this without one. Any ideas would be appreciated.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:36:34 pm »

Here is a previous thread on the subject:
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

I am sure there are more discussions - this is just one.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:45:20 am »

Is your gun HVLP? These guns create much less overspray. I paint at my friends body shop and all we do is wet down the floor. He has a one car bay that is concrete block walls and a big fan at the end blowing the overspray outside. If You have anything else in the area just cover them with plastic and go for it. Some amazing paint jobs have come out of my friends shop and he doesn't have a proper paint booth. (Depending on where you are located this may be illegal)

How big is your compressor? You need at least a 5 HP 60 gallon compressor minimum to get steady air flow. fluctuating air pressure will destroy a paint job.
Choicevend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:24:15 am »

Hi
My compressor is not 60 gallons not sure on the paint gun I will check on that.

Thanks
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:10:37 pm »

How big is your compressor. That is the most important thing. You have to have a steady air supply. If the compressor is too small the pressure will dip because you are consuming more air than the compressor can fill. You will also need a high quality water trap as compressed air creates condensation and you cannot have any water in your air at the gun. If your just going to paint one or two machines you will have much much more money in equipment than it would cost to take it somewhere and have a high quality paint job done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: