SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 05:57:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo H90A  (Read 8856 times)
ledcollector

« on: February 27, 2010, 10:11:12 am »

Hello,

I made a post on this forum a while back regarding my machine.  Thanks to the collectors here, I discovered my machine dates to the early 1960s.  This was based on the fact that it is says Have A Coke on the side of the machine.  An exact year or set of years was never determined.  Does anybody know this answer?  I could post a pic again if necessary.  I think it's pre-'64, but that is the closest I got on previous attempts.

Also, the sign panel on my machine is the star style from the late-60s.  I think it should be the flat white sign that says Drink Coke in red.  However, does anyone know if it should just say Drink Coke, or should it have the additional wording in green?  I guess an original will be tough to find, but if I have to, I can get a repo from Funtronics.

Any and all advice welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you,

john
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 11:45:41 am »

Hello, some of the signs said just Drink Coca Cola in red lettering and some had Drink Coca Cola with the Enjoy That refreshing Feeling in green.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
ledcollector

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:19:49 pm »

Thanks for your input.  Are you saying that either one would be correct with my machine?  Or are you not certain?

john
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 02:19:38 pm »

A picture would be best. Coke would change signs often as logo's would change. Post a picture of the machine and it will be pretty easy to say if it is correct.
ledcollector

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 02:58:17 pm »

I have 2 photos that fit the bill.  Only one shows the side, as the other was intended to show two of my vending machines.  I'll attach both here.  Remember, I'm looking for a year (if possible) which I know was between '60 and '63.  And I'd like to know which panel sign goes with it, as mine is for a late 60s model.  THANKS again to all.

john
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 03:21:23 pm »

That is not the correct sign for the machine however it looks good. I would keep it myself but I added a picture of a V63 that shows the most common sign I have seen on that era of machines.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 05:03:28 pm »

Nice National 7 Pull!

Welcome to the site!

drinking Tim drinking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 05:36:39 pm »

Here is a picture of mine and this is a rare one it is the glass marquee ( I never ran across one) I did a trade with JohnieG, Thanks John smile

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:38:32 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
ledcollector

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 06:35:45 pm »

Thanks everybody.  This is definitely a helpful website.  And everybody's machines look so nice compared to my stuff.  I clean them and display them.  Never tried having one fully restored.

Not to get off topic, but thank you to the guy that commented on the cig machine.  They (cigarette machines) seem to be looked down upon by vending collectors, but I think it's neat as heck.  The only frustrating part is that I can't get into the top section.  It has a vending lock and I have no key that works.  I'd like to give the thing a nice cleaning.

As for the panel sign.....I love the one that is in it, too, but I just thought it'd be better to have one that is correct for the machine.  I could still keep the star style one.

Lastly, regarding the raised star style sign, I have a large one that lights up.  It measures about 2-1/2 feet x 3'.  Any idea of its value?  Perhaps I should inquire about it elsewhere.

Anyway, thank to everybody!  This is a great site.

john
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: