SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 11:30:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicagoland show  (Read 8322 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: February 26, 2010, 11:49:50 am »

Six weeks to go.  Start making plans.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 01:28:55 pm »

Hey Larry, you beat me to the punch... I know I'll be coming down for it, and I'm sure others as well...
I'm assuming we will try for our Dinner again.. it's alwasy a good time.. and we gotta do some pictures this time..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 07:17:52 pm »

As always guys, I'll be there.
  Tom

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:23:06 pm »

I won't be able to make it since I'm flying out to Vegas that weekend for a conference.  I have to leave early so that I can spend a day at the Pinball Hall of Fame!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »

I am just going to have to cruise up there to look around and drool.  Got to much to pay for coming up...one kid's wedding and the other kid heading to college...uuughh.  Anybody have a flyer or a website or anything that shows where it is and such?  Any good hotels around there that are away from the shaddy areas - I don't have my conceal and carry permit yet.  oops
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 07:41:24 pm »

http://www.chicagolandshow.com/

Here's the link.  The only shady area over there is the people in the parking lot.

It's at Pheasamt Run resort.  I never stayed there but you can't get any closer.

A lot of stuff.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 09:13:58 pm »

I won't be able to make it since I'm flying out to Vegas that weekend for a conference.  I have to leave early so that I can spend a day at the Pinball Hall of Fame!

Brent.. whats the address for the Pinball Hall of Fame.. I'm going to be in Vegas in 2 weeks and want to stop there as well. I think it was on the strip, right?

I may also stop in and see Larry, Curly and Moe at the Pawn shop and see about getting one of my square tops converted to an 81 while I'm there..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 09:24:31 pm »

I am just going to have to cruise up there to look around and drool.  Got to much to pay for coming up...one kid's wedding and the other kid heading to college...uuughh.  Anybody have a flyer or a website or anything that shows where it is and such?  Any good hotels around there that are away from the shaddy areas - I don't have my conceal and carry permit yet.  oops
Make sure to get there Thursday night and you can meet up with us for Dinner.. last time I bet we had 20 people.. as far as hotels, there are plenty of budget motels within a mile, comfort inns, super 8s and such and all are in good locations, not too many hoodlums.. look forward to meeting you... remember the secret handshake and secret decoder ring!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 09:58:50 pm »

Hey Tom from NJ want to carpool don't think we are too far from eachother.

Matt
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 10:46:18 am »

Brent.. whats the address for the Pinball Hall of Fame.. I'm going to be in Vegas in 2 weeks and want to stop there as well. I think it was on the strip, right?

Nope, it's a little off the strip. They just moved to a new location a few months ago at 1610 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas NV 89119 (website).  There is a bus that runs down Tropicana from the strip (just look for the Liberace Museum across the street).   I went to their old location a few years ago and had a blast.  Unfortunately, I could only spend about 2 hours there since I wanted to get on the bus and back to the strip by dark. Let us know how the new location is (plus the do have some classics video games there too).

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 10:59:42 am »

Nope, it's a little off the strip. They just moved to a new location a few months ago at 1610 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas NV 89119 (website).  There is a bus that runs down Tropicana from the strip (just look for the Liberace Museum across the street).   I went to their old location a few years ago and had a blast.  Unfortunately, I could only spend about 2 hours there since I wanted to get on the bus and back to the strip by dark. Let us know how the new location is (plus the do have some classics video games there too).

I was just about to post the link to the new place and the message came up that you just posted.. I'll have a car, so I don't even need to worry about the bus. I'll definitely give an update when I get back..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 06:40:31 pm »

Hey Dr Galaga... I went to Vegas with my dad this past october, spent an afternoon at the Pinball Hall of fame, it was great. If your a pinhead you'll love it, some vids and a bunch of pitch and bats there also. Well worth the effort, had breakfast at the IHOP right down the road, then the gun store, then the Hall of fame.
  FDNY...send me a PM with a number I can reach you and we'll talk about the show, I'd enjoy the company if we can make it work.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:39:27 pm »

Just found out that Chicago is off for me until Nov. darn Our daughter has serious health issues again and more testing the day before the show. Heart transplant a couple of years ago, mechanical heart before that (Berlin heart) and just removed a tumour just before Christmas off this heart and had a MRI on Monday and they didn't like what they saw.
 Sorry everyone but family comes first. down

TomFromJersey, thanks for the offer but looks like the Jacobs will be parked where it is for another month or 2.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 02:27:18 pm by Crazzy Canuck » Logged

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 02:07:06 pm »

Sorry to hear that she has to go through all that.  Good luck to your daughter and to your family.  There are always other shows.

A lot of stuff.
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 02:29:23 pm »

Wish you and your family the best. Will be in our prayers.  hopefull

Rod
Fun-Tronics
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 06:01:16 pm »

Sorry to hear that Mark... Hope everything works out.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 08:50:14 pm »

Mark,

Our prayers are with you!
Family always comes first ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 09:37:49 pm »

Mark,
  Sorry to hear that Mark I hope it all works out for you and your family.

Matt
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 09:40:41 pm »

Your family is in our hearts minds as you transit through this difficult time.
 God bless
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 09:35:43 pm »

I won't be able to make it since I'm flying out to Vegas that weekend for a conference.  I have to leave early so that I can spend a day at the Pinball Hall of Fame!

Just visited the PB Hall of Fame today.. Impressive place, considering its nothing more than a dimly lit warehouse with rows of pinball machines back to back.. Not a traditional arcade style setting. No carpet, music, etc.. I only spent an hour or so there as I'm still on Eastern time and it was getting late (for me). It is very dark inside. Not a good place to take pictures... I almost thought it was closed. I played a few pitch and bats, a few EM games and a few later model pins.. They had about 20 or so video games there.. nothing spectacular or rare.. The only game I played was Ice Cold Beer, and its only because I couldn't from the pictures and description understand how its played.. I think I am going to keep my eyes out for one, because its a pretty addicting game.. After about 4 tries, I still couldn't get in the 4th hole..

Definitely worth a visit.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: