SMC Discussion Areas
September 28, 2024, 02:34:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39 not dispensing  (Read 8691 times)
Ilikecoke6

« on: February 25, 2010, 07:19:38 pm »

Well I have this just aquired Vendo 39, I loaded the drum full of cokes however, the problem  is that about the 10th soda, the drum starts to slow down.  The first few are really fast and it cycles great then it just slow and will not advance the drum.
Any thoughts??

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:42:17 pm by johnieG » Logged
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:29:39 pm »

Are you sure you have it loaded correctly?
Maybe this diagram will help!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ilikecoke6

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:37:07 pm »

Hi,
Yeah, it is fully loaded.

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:22:47 pm »

If my memory serves me, the counter weight is lined up with the Sold Out deflector on the drum. You should be able to rotate the drum counter-clockwise until the deflector is just below the right side horizon line.
You may have to make sure the threaded plunger which activates the sold out flag is adjusted properly so it doesn't get hung up on the drum deflector.
And lastly, if the vending drum has ever been dismantled and put back together wrong, this will have you pulling your hair out!

My six cents,

Jim

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 08:24:54 pm »

Is this an original machine or has it been restored?
Are the counter-weights in the correct spot when the basket is set (see previously posted diagram)?
Sounds to me like they are not in the correct position (or missing - I hope not)!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Ilikecoke6

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 09:49:48 pm »

Thanks guys for the quick response.

You know I just got this machine so, as to has it been restored or not. This is what i was told.
The guy I purchased it from worked for coke and picked it up on his route in 1982, apparently from the original owner in Ky. Since he worked for coke he had their shop to go over it and he said they resprayed it.  It does look like a very professional job and even though it has been 16 years or so is in great shape with some small chips here and there.  Since then it has been sitting in a basement unused. Till this week.  So, I dont really know if the basket has ever been out of it. 
So, after checking it again, it does have the counter weight, and it will work, or dispense till the counter weight gets to the bottom then it losses momentum and will not advance. ( around 9-10 cycles)

Everthing is complet on the machine. So I'm really at a loss since i really dont want to take the basker out, not that i would know what im looking for anyway..

Hummm, wait i just though of something, when I was checking the bakset, I did not pull each soda out as I feed it dimes, I was just checking to see how far it would go.. Im thinking that by not removing the bottles that could have altered the operation.. Let me check this and get back to you.
thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:01:45 pm by Ilikecoke6 » Logged
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 10:09:11 pm »

If you look at my diagram, you will see the weights depicted in it.
If they are not in the position indicated when loaded (partially or fully), then the weights are not postioned correctly.

It is so easy to remove the basket - remove the clip on the center post along with some washers - pull the basket release wire and spin the drum out. The front two layers of the basket should be screwed to the back plate of the drum. Reposition the back plate and screw it back together. There are only 4 ways it can go together and one is right.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 08:59:32 am »

If you do not remove bottles while testing, then it will not function; it will be just like testing with an empty drum.
The weight in the drum needs to change, thus removing bottles changes the weight distribution so the counter-weight can ultimately rotate the drum completely 360 degrees so all bottle are vended. The end of this cycle will engage the Sold Out flag provided the plunder passing through the cabinet door is adjusted properly. As previously mentioned, if the plunger is out too far, this may cause a problem...
So, get a bunch of dimes and start testing...

My six cents,

Jim

Ilikecoke6

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 09:08:53 am »

Thanks for all the help, will all the tips and i think just using it, it is working well now.  I think it just needed some use, as well as I needed to get the hang of it.  Oh BTW, what would you recomend to clean the drum?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 10:16:22 am »

The Drum is aluminum so get yourself some good aluminum polish like Mothers Polish or Flitz metal polish and a start on it.. you'll be amazed at the results. the stuff works great!.. oh its' also easier to get one of those polishing balls that you put on a drill.. they work great!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: