SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 01:31:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mills  (Read 2739 times)
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« on: February 15, 2010, 09:48:07 am »

Here's a Mills. Little large but.............http://sacramento.craigslist.org/clt/1600917017.html

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 01:14:23 pm »

That is real cool. And it is affordable, as most large machines seem to be.

Is this the one with the Coke bottle in the Plexi glass?

Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 01:27:34 pm »

Seems to be the one. Here's a description of it from another site.

The end of WWII saw the beginning of a new era for Mills Coke machines. First, the company changed their name to Mills Industries, dropping the Novelty part. The second change was a switch to the more simplistic all red color scheme being used by the other manufacturers on their machines. Two models were built by the company from 1946 to 1953. The Mills Model 120 was certainly one of the largest Coke machines of its day. It stood 6 feet 8 inches tall and weighed 620 pounds. The Model 65, on the other hand, was a mere 67 inches high. Unlike the pre-war machines, the model numbers of these two indicate the vending capacity. Early 120 models have a distinctive Coke bottle displayed through plexiglas in the front cabinet door. Some very early 120 models also incorporated and unusual circular glass window on the outside cabinet door in which nickels would drop into view as they were deposited. Undoubtedly, this feature was a design concept borrowed from the slot machine division but quickly dropped from production presumably due to vandalism.

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:44:47 pm »

I saw one of these only once in my life. I thought it was a big machine but I also still thought it to be really cool, like  an old 57 Buick. Not quite as nice as the 57 Chevy, but if properly restored, it is just as I catching.

If it were local I would make an offer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: