SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 11:05:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I am trying to get info and parts...  (Read 4990 times)
SMCUSA

« on: September 24, 2009, 03:31:04 pm »

I have had this for several years and has been a great beer cooler in the garage ... time to move it to my business and show it off a bit .... Made by Vendolator, model # VF56C-G ... You now know the extent of my knowledge about it ... biggrin

I have never seen a Nehi machine so I scooped it up pretty quick ... Nehi was my favorite as a kid ... As you can see it has no coin mech and is missing two trays for the bottles .. 3 of the trays look like the originals and two don't but they work ... I did hook up a switch to use the coin return lever to release the bottles .. none of the lights work but I haven't tried to get at the bulbs either ...

So after all that ... I am trying to get some help with parts to get it back to original working order and tips on making this a cooler conversation piece.. any help will be very appreciated ~S~

P.S. I am not affiliated with Soda Machines ... just happen to have the same initials  Cool
SMCUSA

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 03:36:43 pm »

more....
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:52:54 pm »

I seen a few RC/Nehi machines through the years. Yours appears to be in nice shape. I think it is a 56, but the coin door looks weird to me. The coin return cup is really big. What make and model does the ID tag on the left side say?
I think if you took measurements of the shelves, someone would have what you need to complete the set. The coin mech should be easy to acquire also. You can get a refurbished one from one of the sponsors or take you chances with a mech from eBay, etc. - it should just be a common 9-pin jones plug mech like a Coinco S75-9800 or similar.
If you have the desire to take an extra step, replace the T-stat, both fans and the wiring harness and you will have a quiet running machine that will last another 40-50 years. When you have the cooling unit out, you can easily clean up the insides and flush the condensation drain tube too.
Thanks for sharing the pics and keep asking questions.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:20:26 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
FatRavioli69

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 07:15:08 pm »

I'm jealous tounge

Selectivend and Counting
SMCUSA

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:29:15 pm »

model ... VF56C-G

serial ... 36008C560

Refrigeration Unit ... VT23B

SMCUSA

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:50:04 pm »

Unit has been running at my place for 6 or 7 years now and is quite as a mouse and keeps everything at 40 degrees so I am not going to mess with the refrigeration unit till it needs it ... its a little dusty but over all a pretty clean unit ...

I was thinking I was going to re-paint but decided on a flat clear-coat for the painted surfaces ... the white would leave marks on your clothes if you rubbed up against it and I wanted to stop any progression of rust from some of the surface scratches ...

I saw some threads regarding bulbs but cant find them now .. are there commonly found bulbs in there or do I need to seek out specialty ones??

Is there a way to find out what year it was manufactured??
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:15:13 pm »

Welcome to the board!!
I think your machine is very close to one of mine. Only diff I see is in the size of the light up sign. All wiring diagrams and such are intact so any questions just ask.
Bulbs are nothing special. I'll check for correct specs. No decoder that I'm aware of for Vendolator dates. My best guess is 64/65.

Creighton
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:36:35 pm by Creighton » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: