SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 09:57:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with a Dixie/Narco 368 ....need help  (Read 2808 times)
bzpilot
« on: September 18, 2009, 02:02:43 pm »

I'm a novice so bare with me on my terminology!

I have a 8 column machine (4 single, 4 double).  Recently one column (a double) now has the "Sold Out" light illuminated even though the column is full of product.  I thought it might be a bad switch so I swapped the double switch with one of the other columns and got the same results.  When the column lever is compressed (with product) the first half of the switch turns off the "Sold Out" light (as with the other columns) and when the second half is compressed it comes back on (not like the other columns, with the other columns the light stays off).

Since I swapped the double switch with another column that was operating correctly and I get the same results I think I can eliminate it from being the double swich.  Being a complete novice to these machines I have no idea where to go from here.

Everything else with the machine seems to be functioning correctly other than this one column having the "Sold Out" light illuminated and it not vending from that one column even though it is full.

Thanks for any help.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 02:17:24 pm »

you may have Inadvertently mixed up one of your wires on that switch, IE: placed a connector on a Normally open terminal as opposed to a normally closed terminal,  which begs the question...so if the columns empty, will the light go out???   tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
bzpilot
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 02:35:46 pm »

Figured it out!  Took the cover off to the motors and heard/saw the motor hadn't completed a vending cycle and a can was lodged (also the reason the light was remaining on).  Interesting though that it would go off like the other columns when half the double switch was compressed.

Thanks.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 06:53:14 pm »

makes sense, they must use the sold out switch in the vending cycle too, so if it was stuck in the middle of a vending cycle, the sold out circuit would block the coinmech from accepting another coin.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: