SMC Discussion Areas
September 17, 2024, 07:55:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I or Should'nt I  (Read 4455 times)
FatRavioli69

« on: September 13, 2009, 06:33:01 pm »

I saw a late '60's or '70's machine can machine for sale he said it turns on when plugged in but doesn't get cold. Now I'm not a fan of having a can machine but for some reason it calls to me probably because its a RC machine. Its a four foot tall machine also, so that's good.
  OK heres the caper,my neighbour wants a machine after seeing my selectvend, I seem to remember the guy was advertising the same machine as mine not that long ago, I have sent him an email asking questions about the RC machine and the selectivend. If he's got both still should I go for both or should I just leave it alone help

Selectivend and Counting
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 07:04:28 pm »

You're asking soda machine addicts if you should buy more machines or not? laugh
FatRavioli69

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:17:09 pm »

Yea I know  darn What was I thinking. I quess what I was worried about is the fact of not cooling. The first machine I bought I went in blind on and came out ok. If the cooling doesnt work is that a big problem.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 07:55:11 pm by FatRavioli69 » Logged

Selectivend and Counting
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 08:02:26 pm »

Those "can drop" machines are a whole lot more complex to service than the old gravity fed shelf machines. I have yet to see an attractive one and would not even accept one for free since there are no parts in common with the classic machines.
           I'd advise that you pass on this one.

Glen
rugrunner
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:13:13 am »

i agree with moondog about passing but for a different reason.

Beer from a can doesn't taste right.

But that's just me...
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 05:59:16 am »

But have you had it in the can lately?Huh?Huh? I had to add that from the commercial that Signguy posted. HeHeHe!!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 08:24:55 am »

Yeah, you'd better pass. After a while you will not have any room left in your garage or basement for the really good finds that are still out there.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 12:15:02 pm »

Pass, Look at it this way. One day you will have to sell your machine. Even if you say you are going to keep it forever and never sell it someone if not yourself will be selling it. Why not Have something that will be easy to sell and bring in some $$ when it does sell than rather taking a loss or breaking even.

I look at it this way Quality over Quanity, I would rather have 5 good machines than 20 or 30 OK machines. Before I moved from my last house I crushed over 75 machines. I had quanity and no quality I would buy everything that came my way some of it after it was bought made me think what was I thinking?

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 01:38:44 pm »

Hey Joey.... That's the story of my life... Quantity over Quality..
FatRavioli69

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 04:11:26 pm »

Thanks guys I will pass on this. I get all excited sometimes and don't think clear Cool

Selectivend and Counting
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: