SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 04:18:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going Hurricane Chasing  (Read 3225 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: August 28, 2009, 12:48:02 pm »

A few months ago, my wife booked us on a 5 day cruise from NY to a few stops in Canada. I was a bit worried about hurricane season, but thought it wasn't until Sept... Saturday, we board the Titanic and head for Canada. Unfortunately, the east coast is going to be getting wacked by Hurricane Danny starting Sat afternoon and traveling up the east coast... Should be an interesting vacation.. Not sure if they are going to change destinations on our cruise, or just hang out behind the storm... Either way, I'm off work for a week and will probably have limited access to phone and internet... I am soo looking forward to it.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:23:50 pm »

The Perfect Storm awaits you Ken...try to have a good time!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:12:57 pm »

Ken, My wife and I went on same trip out of NY. Are you stoping in  Halifax, St John & Nova Scotia? We went same time of year as you are going couldn't of asked for better weather. Was a nice trip wouldn't want to be on a cruse much  longer than that. A word of advice don't go to the auction they hold on the ship unless you are prepared to write a big check at the end of the cruse. Check out Peggy's Cove Nova Scotia and if you can pick up a copy of the book Oak Island Secrets makes good reading while on board. Good Luck

Matt
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 02:28:56 pm »

Ken, My wife and I went on same trip out of NY. Are you stoping in  Halifax, St John & Nova Scotia? We went same time of year as you are going couldn't of asked for better weather. Was a nice trip wouldn't want to be on a cruse much  longer than that. A word of advice don't go to the auction they hold on the ship unless you are prepared to write a big check at the end of the cruse. Check out Peggy's Cove Nova Scotia and if you can pick up a copy of the book Oak Island Secrets makes good reading while on board. Good Luck

Thats the trip we are supposed to be taking.. This weather is supposed to be a bit on the chilly side for this time of year up there, but I don't care.. What other off shore adventured did you do? Peggy's cove looked interesting, but I'll have my 2 kids 10 & 12 with us. I don't know if they would enjoy Peggy's..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:23:09 pm »

Enjoy your time with the family ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 07:19:01 am »

Well, we made it back. Saturday was a bit rough on the water as we caught the tail end of the storm. We never actually got the rain, but the water was rough. There were many people that didn't realize what effects motion and alcohol can have on the body... People were drinking like fishes all afternoon, and by early evening, those same people were puking on deck, in the hallways, etc... I waited till we hit some calm water before I supported the bar. After Sunday afternoon, the water calmed down and the trip was great. The weather was on the chilly side, but didn't stop the kids from hitting the pools and water slide on the boat. Our 2 stops in Canada were great. St. John/Bay of Fundy had some beautiful scenery and great people. Spent most of the day walking around.. In Halifax, we went to the Citadel and a few other places.. Lots of fun and about 600 or so pictures to go through.. I've got some really cool pictures of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty I'll post when I get settled. I'm going to pick up a new Jukebox today first. Just traded someone my Millipede arcade for a Seeburg AQ160.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 08:40:32 am »

Glaad to hear you're back on land, and the trip sounds like it was a blast.
And congrats and welcome to the Jukebox club =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 12:53:15 pm »

Glaad to hear you're back on land, and the trip sounds like it was a blast.
And congrats and welcome to the Jukebox club =)

Well, got it home.. Just got to wait till my lifting crew gets off work to get it out of the truck. I don't want to lay it down if I don't have to. Its in pretty decent shape. I'll get some pictures when I get it down.. I have its cousin the AQ160 already... This one is actually in better shape and its supposed to work.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: