SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 12:15:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions on a U Select-it  (Read 2298 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: August 19, 2009, 07:56:10 pm »

I picked up a U-Select-it today and I'm looking for info.  It is the plate style round corner- about what year were these made?   What about value ?   About every 3 years I place a "wanted to buy" ad in a newspaper in our area's only large town - I've had a few leads, but so far this is the only purchase.  I have one more 60 mile trip on friday to look at an 81b, jukebox, and an old ball and strike pinball.  Oh, the candy machine is on free vend - how do I change it over?  Thanks -

Bob
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:25 am »

Great looking machine and on the origial base to boot! good find.. I bought my last one like this in CHicago for 400 I think.. the bases alone are worth at least 100 bucks... I've sold just the top unit for 350 in the past as well.
I'd date them to mid 50's , similiar to the "round Tops" of soda machines, square corners equal 60's and beyond.
if it's on Free Vend, the coin mech may be missing? won't know till you get it open and you'll see ifi t's there or not.. or if its in there, there are a few little levers that can be ajusted to take it off Free vend..
Nice find

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:59:43 am »

I had three of them.  If it is a large unit, that really isn't a stand, it's more room for the ammo belt of product.  I actually bought a large one for the base and discovered that there is no base.  So then I had two units, a wall hung and a floor model.  Then I ran into a mint one from the sixties or  seventies and like an idiot I listened to my wife and dumped it.  It's easier to blame someone else for your own stupidity.

Anyway, if it has the "U Select It" metal raised letters, it is a late forties early fifties model.  If it has the "U Select It" red plate, fifties model.  The sixties or seventies model is left.  They are square and beige in color.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: