SMC Discussion Areas
June 21, 2024, 03:13:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Condensation on outside of Vendo 81A  (Read 9149 times)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »

It is very easy to remove the breaker strip. Remove the latch reciever (two screws) and just remove the breaker strips from the clips.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Hollywood80
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 11:10:54 pm »

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.  I will proceed and see what happens. 

Bob
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 09:50:25 am »

O.K. Now I sound like a novice.  What's a breaker strip??  Any pictures of one?  I have no Vendos.  Is tha a Vendo item?

Nice machine.  Both the restored machine and collectures.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 10:04:46 am »

O.K. Now I sound like a novice.  What's a breaker strip??  Any pictures of one?  I have no Vendos.  Is tha a Vendo item?
Larry, the breaker strip is the black peice that covers the gap between the tub and the outer shell. It's the black part in this photo.
it is removed by taking off the small clips that hold it to the tub, and there are some small "springs" that hold it tight in place.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 10:15:56 am »

Thanks John.

A lot of stuff.
Hollywood80
5 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 12:29:24 am »

I think I will check out the insulation behind the breakers first and replace any deficiencies and then see how much that resolves my problem. Bob

Bob
Hollywood80
5 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 09:52:58 pm »

Hi All.  I finally got around to taking the breaker strip off on the right hand side and stuffed more insulation in.  It was a little challenging since I only had about 1/2 inch of space along the side to stuff the insulation into.  It appears to have resolved the condensation totally, even the little bit that was occurring on the opposite side.  Don't know for sure why that was, since I only stuffed the one side.  Anyway, thanks for all the good suggestions.  Bob

Bob
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:11 am »

Good to hear,, Cold air is funny like that.. it will circulate around in there to find an opening so that is probably where it was "leaking" out..

Hollywood80
5 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 04:55:37 pm »

Oops... I spoke to fast, this morning there was still some condensation in the area.  Not quite as much.  I really packed in the insulation as well as I could.  I was surprised at the limited access to the area which made it difficult to stuff the insulation in.  I could see the existing insulation covering most of the area.  I slipped a dollar bill into the door opening and closed it... It appears to have a good seal.  I  wouldn't worry about it except I think the paint may be starting to "blister" in the area where the condensation is happening.  Any more suggestions for my dilemma would be appreciated.  Thanks, Bob

Bob
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 10:41:00 am »

outside of tearing it all apart, the only suggestion I have is make sure not to PACK the insulation in there too tightly.. insulation loses is R factor when compressed... the loser the better, so maybe it just needed some in there and try not to Pack it it tight...

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: