SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 08:02:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Tiny Collection  (Read 8322 times)
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 09:53:27 am »

welcome, start off slow and buy only what you like, and you will build a nice collection
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 08:24:54 pm »

Yeah I got lucky with the clock.  It was on craigslist and the guy had no idea about it.  The clock belonged to his son that moved away and left it in his garage.  It wasn't working and he did not know why, so he sold it to me for $50.  I couldn't believe it.  All it needed was a new power cord.

Now my search moves forward.  It's time for one of those little VMC 27's to turn up.  I can feel it coming.

wow. $50 on Craigslist!? That's great!

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 12:31:10 am »

I used to live in Daytona Beach and bought over 50 machines in the two years I was collecting in florida. You can run an add in the pennysaver or in the local paper under antiques. You will be amazed what you find. For me I mostly enjoy the hunt. I love getting a call from an old farmer that has an old machine out in the barn. Its the drive over wondering what it is that your going to find that I love so much. But wanted adds in the local paper and especially in the free papers at the grocery stores is a great way to get machines cheap. Just be careful. In only a few weeks you may not have room for your car in the garage. biggrin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: