SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 01:31:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found Money  (Read 2222 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: August 10, 2009, 08:38:04 pm »

Well not exactly!  biggrin But, after about one year of selling sodas to my kids and their friends for 35 cents, I decided to empty the coin box in the USS 8-64.  Totalled $63.50 not including all of the nickels in the coin mech change stacks.  That equates to roughly 185 sodas over a 12 month period!  glare  Of course, the kids know where the key is so maybe I need to hide that better!  Anybody else ever keep track of how much you collect?

In any event, that is another $63.50 that I can donate to my Breast Cancer 60 Mile 3-Day Walk!  BTW--I was contacted today by the walk organizers and I am officially the number one fundraiser happydrinkers in the Michigan Walk which starts Friday morning at 5:30AM!  My total funds raised stand at $19,124.50 plus the machine coin will get me to $19,188!  I would like to get to $20,000 before Friday! hopefull

drinking Tim drinking

www.the3day.org/goto/Tim.McDonnell

PS--I am getting the hair re-dyed for the walk including the beard, moustache and maybe even the eye-brows on Wed night.  I will post a picture after it is done.  I have attached a picture from after the last dye job! tounge  In case you weren't sure, I'm the one on the left in the glasses!  Cool
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:22:11 pm »

jawdrop WOW !!!!  Sorry Tim The BRIGHT PINK HAIR
                              Kinda shocked me oh.                         
                            Well I did keep track the first year and after that I just dump $20 dollars in Dime into
                            a old cleaned out butter bucket and that works .

And Good luck on the walk Friday.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:24:27 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:47 am »

Great hair Tim, it maybe pink but at least you have hair. oh

I have kept track on ay yearly bases from time to time and at .20 cents I some times can get up to $80.00 to $90.00.

Hope your walk goes wel on Friday as well!

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up