SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 01:09:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if there was resurgence of the Glass Soda Bottle  (Read 13992 times)
rugrunner
10 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 12:36:11 am »

Yes, Winona is in South eastern Minnesota about 100 miles or so south of the twin cities along the Mississippi river on the  Wisconsin border.

Sorry, can't answer the rest of your questions down.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 01:41:03 pm »

Winona is in the south Eastern part of Wisconsin, They will fill your bottles, but you'll have to make two trips as they only fill about once a month. or you can usually pay a deposit and take what you want... they have many flavors, not sure about a list ..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 07:49:20 pm »

I'll vote yes on glass bottles. The soda seems to taste a lot better. To bad here in Michigan they stopped bottling Pepsi in the glass bottles, but the Coke is still available in some places as well as some other brands.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 08:24:27 pm »

I was in Sam's the other day and saw a woman getting a case of 8oz bottles. I never see anyone buying any so I had to ask if she had a machine or something. She said "no, I have a 95 year old mother who will not drink anything but glass bottled coke."  I told her I buy them because I have a machine we use. 

So I think we have a few fans around here.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:24 pm »

Sadly, plastic bottles are cheaper, so it's unlikely they will go away. but i echo  what has been said previously, Glass is better. Plastic bottles do allow chemicals to seep in whatever they are holding, ever wonder why there is an expiration date on bottled water?
Now if the big guns ( Pepsi, Coke, & UP, etc) all go back to cane sugar instead of corn syrup, I'd be happy with that

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 06:46:41 pm »

I'm finally able to read this thread!  darn

I'm getting ready to head to Winona in two weeks.  By what I have been told, you need to bring in 6.5 oz. and 10 oz. empties in order to get filled bottles.  They only accept paying a deposit at the bottler by some local people/businesses.  You can get 16 oz. Coke and Diet Coke in 8 packs at the local grocery store (IGA?) and pay 20 cents a bottle for deposit.  They used to also carry 16 oz. Sprite, but I have not seen them there the past few years. 
6.5 oz. is only Coke
10 oz. is Coke, Diet Coke, Mellow Yellow, and Sprite (you can use any of these as empties - you don't have to have the exact type you are refilling, so you could bring in Coke empties to get some Sprite).
They also do some 10 oz. (Sun Rise?) flavors and 10 oz. Barq's.  Markito told me that you have to have Barq's empties to get filled Barq's. 

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 11:50:44 pm »

Anyone heard from Markito lately? He just disappeared.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 12:15:52 am »

He contacted me about two years ago to reactivate his account.  That was the last I heard from him.
I saw some arcade game/pinball auctions that he had on ebay about a year ago and I tried contacting him through ebay and I left a message on his voice mail, but he never got back to me. down
I guess he moved on to other things.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: