SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 06:14:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Series Pinball Game ?  (Read 5438 times)
barryra
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:55:34 pm »

I am not super familiar with the older pinball games. My neighbor told me he would sell his 1933 world series pinball game. It's missing the front door (which looks pretty easy to make) & the topper marque piece. It looks as if someone tried to repaint the cabinet. The game works.

Does anyone know a fair offer to make? Thanks for any info.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:30:21 am »

I have one of these games and they are very addictive...
Purely mechanical so no Electric to get fired with...

Rockola made three games around the same time... World Series World Fair (jigsaw) & Army & Navy...

World Series is the most common... They appear on Ebay from time to time... In fact there is one on Ebay in UK at the moment... (Only the second I have seen in England.I bought the first)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360163352469

The front door is no problem and the Marque is repro'd (www.halor.com)

As for a fair price I really don't know. As with everything it depends on condition... Make sure it has the star fitted on the bottom... This allows for the base to spin more than one step... Operators took these out because it extended the game...

Me and my five year play this game for hours on end... We love it...

Does he have any other 30's pins??? Like soda machines they tend to bred .....

Dave
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:43:45 am by davethebirdman » Logged
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 06:31:53 am »

That's high on my wish list.  I talked around with a few collectors and they said that $400.00 to a grand is a good price.  I've seen it higher on Ebay and at the Chicagoland show.  Some sell, some don't.  It all depends on who bumps into it and how deep his pockets are.  I would pay 800.00 for a complete one. 

The jigsaw one is pretty cool too, but the World Series would be my choice.  I'm interested in it if you buy it and ever get bored of it.

Larry

A lot of stuff.
barryra
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 03:49:09 pm »

Thanks for all your information. I ended up getting it for 350 & it's in better shape than I thought it would be. I may be looking to get one of those back repro marque's. Do they come with the wood frame? Thanks again
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 04:25:19 pm »

Hi

Have a look at www.halor.com

Its 1030 here and instead of going to bed I'm playing my world series... Its adictive...
barryra
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 09:01:11 pm »

Thanks... I'm looking forward to re-doing the game. I saw some really neat videos on youtube demonstrating how the game works.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:23:10 am »

Does it have the star underneath... This makes the game much more interesting...

This is an e-mail I got back from Hal about restoration. Might help you...

would also like to clean the playfield and perhaps replace the rusty coloured pins... Any pointers..?

I remove everything from the board, even the wooden ball guide that unscrews from the bottom. I don't think you can do a good job any other way. I don't know if the products I use are available over there, but here's what I do. I clean the board with a Mr. Clean magic sponge and let it dry. You can really get aggressive with it removing black marks and ball tracks. I've never has a problem with lifting the ink. I then wipe over the surface with Howards " Restore-a-finish (color cherry). It's a thin stain available here at antique malls and you use very. very little. It doesn't stick to the ink of the graphics. Some people stop here, but I then spray with Minwax polyurethane varnish semi gloss, several light coats. That's how I did the Jigsaw on my site and you can see the results.

I polish all the pins, spacers, and screws in a tumbler. Before I bought the tumbler I used a wire wheel holding each item with vise grips. It tool a long time!!

I have managed now to get hold of the magic erasers and the Howards restore a finish... Just waiting for them to arrive and I'll have a go at restoring my playfield.... Can't find the Minimax on the net anywhere though...
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 05:47:58 am »

Dave.. check out MINWAX - here is their website.. http://www.minwax.com/products/oil_based_clear_protective_finishes/

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 12:56:32 pm »

Thanks Ken....

aving difficulty finiding it over here... Must be a substitute readily available here...
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 01:34:18 pm »

Minwax is the most popular  stain/polyurethane  company  in the states, but i imagine any high quality semi gloss poly would work.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: