SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:30:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another adventure in machine hunting  (Read 3278 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: May 28, 2009, 09:24:18 pm »

While scanning CL this AM, I noticed a garage sale ad that had a pop machine listed so I sent an e-mail and requested pictures.  I got the pictures below along with the following response:

"Attached is the picture of the Coca Cola Machine that you requested.
It is a chest type with flip top. I have all the parts. It holds 6 1/2 os. coke bottles.
In good condition, some scratches but in reasonable shape."

So I asked:

"Does that machine have the slider rack on the inside and does the money acceptor (money acceptor?  oops don't want to sound like I know what I am talking about! biggrin ) work? Also, how much are you asking for the item? I can't make the sale due tomorrow due to work appts but I am interested."

Then I got this reply:

We do have the  channels/slider rack. It is just a matter of putting them in. I don't know if the money acceptor works. We have not used it, but it is attached. We have owned it for over 35 years. We used it as a "liquor cabinet". I just found out tonight that the cord needs replacing. We have had several inquiries.
We are asking $1,500.

Darn!  Just found out tonight that the cord needs replacing!  I hate when that happens; but, I am sure it is still worth $1,500!  It must be because it has a Coca Cola logo on it!  Good, solid original but not worth that kind of scratch!

I sent him back a nice e-mail, wished him well with his garage sale.  I made him a "reasonable" offer no where near his asking price and told him to call me if one of those guys that P.T. Barnum used to talk about does not come to the garage sale.

For the younger guys out there, PT Barnum used to say:

"There's a sucker born every minute!"  at least it was attributed to him!

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 09:46:31 pm »

Looks like a nice original......we never pay more than accumulated parts value so
I'd say once these people sort though these "several inquiries" (at $1500) they will
be willing to listen to reason.
   Takes a while for them to accept the fact that nobody within reading distance
knows how to re-assemble these machines......much less knows what they are worth.
    I'd hope your bid was at around $350.00 .........they will contact you or else
end up storing it. Ball is in their court. Good luck, nice machine!

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 10:32:13 pm »

Hey guy I just bought a Glasco Slider for $150  at a Garage sale, The people there said they got a email from some guy saying that $1500 was to much so they were going to take the first offer that came to them and that was ME biggrin .

OK I'm Joking  Tim  glare ...  I'm just getting you and Kilroy back  for all the storage jabs biggrin.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 12:05:55 am »

Good one Pat!  laugh And MoonDawg is good at math and a mindreader! oh

It will be interesting to see if he responds!

drinking Tim drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 08:30:58 am »

Hey, i didn't jab at  you  Pat regarding storage, not with a machine I have at JohnieG's I haven't been able to pick up.  Oh wait. I did, didn't I.
Okay, I'll make it up to everyone, and bring the brats and charcoal for the next M2 ( Michigan Mafia) get together  blush

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 08:54:33 pm »

Here is one w/o the rack.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/clt/1195614541.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 08:58:20 pm by halehouse » Logged

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 10:01:04 pm »

Must be those folks in Michigan! Trying to drive up the price on cola machines!!!!! Nice box, but the guy is going to have it awhile at that price!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:21:30 pm »

The machine in Washington is nice, only missing the slider rack and Bob has a 7up slider,
rusted out but has all good internal parts.  Hmmm   drinking

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:36:49 pm »

Let me know if anyone wants more info on the machine in DC, it's the next town over...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: