SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 01:24:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bug part two.  (Read 3973 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: May 18, 2009, 09:15:36 pm »

Before the nut machine I also started to take apart a Popperette.  It's mostly apart, I put all the pieces in a bucket and there they sat for a few months. 

Around Christmas I took my other Popperette completely apart to clean it because I used sunflower oil and not my usual coconut.  Anyway, it is a tedious process to dismantle and clean a Popperette, but it needed it.  Never again will I experiment with other oils.  Three times the charm.

Anyway, I was not in the mood to take another Popperette apart, but thanks to Sodakbob, I became inspired again.  He's been working on his and after seeing his progress I decided to get off my but and start.  I can only do one session a week.  My fingers get swollen after a few hours, so anyway here are a few pics of the dirty parts and the clean ones so far.  I will post the progress.

The main thing is that the heater is good!!!

A lot of stuff.
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:32:23 pm »

Larry - I just wanted to say thanks again for everything - the man knows his Popperettes!  The before and after pictures of your first machine are amazing... Good luck on your next project and I'll be calling you one of these nights......

Bob
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:01:20 pm »

My hat is off to you Larry, I could never navigate more than 1 restoration job
at a time.........just too many parts!  darn
       The popperette is high on my wish list, so hopefully when you guys wade thru
the basics, maybe you can help guide a newbie? Glad you are taking lots of pic's.

Glen
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:36:00 pm »

larry you do a great job on all your projects, the stoners you did were also top notch. you did a nice job on your kitchen, just to bad you cant make your basement bigger lol
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 07:21:14 am »

The stuff just piles up if you let it.  Before I started the nut machine, I just finished the two Stoner Gum machines and the two Superior gum machines.  I sold the one Superior last week and this second one I'll try to sell next week.  It's a small dent, but you just have to keep plugging away.  I still have an ice cream machine, the stoner cofee, and the Mills 400 to do.  Plus finish the basement, and various other home products which always get in the way of the fun stuff.

I have tons of pictures of my first Popperette and of the second.  Sometimes I can't even remember how old I am, let alone where all the pieces go.  Pictures are the best memory.  If anyone needs any help on a Popperette, feel free to write.  I get lost electrically on the later versions with the two relays.  Here's some information that I put together and sent it to this guy, Clay, so he could post it.  I wrote up a sequence of operation and made a schematic for my earlier version machine.  Mine uses a mercury switch instead of a relay.  The other pictorial I picked up from some one else.  By the way that's my first Popperette in the photos.

http://marvin3m.com/arcade/corn2.htm

Bob I'm looking forward to your call.  I was trying to figure out where you picked up your name.  Seeing it's a soda site I thought you were soda k bob.  Now I realize it's South Dakota Bob.

Lastly, to Cokemachines and more, who are you and when were you in my kitchen?

A lot of stuff.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 08:35:02 am »

Larry,

Great job on all your stuff! You have to be very patient to put all those little nuts and bolts back together on popperette's and stoner machines. I struggle with my cup machines, because there are so many small parts and I forget how to put them back on and where!!!! I take plenty of pics and videos, as my mind is not always the best when so many other life things are going on!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 08:46:49 am »

lets just say i gave up that mills 400c so your son , could have his first coke machine. I am sure the popperette story will make sense now too.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 09:08:19 am »

I figured it was you.  I was worried it was the wifes' boyfriend.  Whats Up, and welcome to the board.  It's nice to have another local yokel on board. happydrinkers

A lot of stuff.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:52:16 am »

thanks larry, been a menmber for awhile, but never really put my two cents in
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: