SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 07:21:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner 180  (Read 6127 times)
Daniel22

« on: April 22, 2009, 07:07:28 pm »

After about 2 hours of drilling I finally opened it up. It looks like something is missing. When you put a coin in it the coin just drops straight thru to the coin box. Also, the gum wheel and pull knobs do not work. Any advise?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:10:47 pm by Daniel22 » Logged
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:12:32 pm »

Coin mech looks MIA. It should work on free vend with it out though. Make sure all the shelves, especially the top ones are all the way reset ( up ) or that knob will not pull. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:14:43 pm by oldskoolcoinop » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:22:48 pm »

Have a friend who had 2 mechs for that model... will give him a call and if he still has them I'll have him contact you.....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:42:20 pm »

Daniel,

There is a way to set that to free-vend.  I have the same machine and it does not have a coin mech and it free-vends fine.  Unfortunately, I am not exactly sure of how to get it to do that.  I am sure if you check with Curtis at Memorylane he can walk you through it.

drinking Tim drinking
Daniel22

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:29:10 am »

Ok, when I reset all the shelves I can pull the knobs but the one under the gum wheel does not pull. This thing looks like it is going to take me forever to restore. Is the a manual on restoring them? If not, one of you guys should make one. I would buy it. Also, is there a book on servicing these machines so maybe that could help me a little.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 01:49:08 am »

Hey Daniel

don't worry my man there are plenty of stoner owners here to get the baby up and working again...

Curtis has manuals so I'm sure he will chip in soon...

When I got mine the gum wheel was a little sticky by lowering the gum magazines and having a little fiddle it sorted out my problem...

If I remove my coin mech it free vends... Nice to have a coni mech though and providing its set up properly it just slips in....

From what I can see it looks pretty clean....

Dave
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 06:30:39 am »

Daniel,

I meant to put in my previous post that there are weights at the botom of the gum/mint columns that spring into position to throw the EMPTY Flag and to prevent the gum/mints from vending if the column is empty.  If you tip those out to the loading position and look at the bottom of the column you will see what I am talking about.  "If you load them they will vend!"  I actually figured that out when I was looking at mine trying to figure out why yours was not working.

Don't depsair--now you have a fully functioning non-restored stoner.  Clean it up and use it as is until you have the $$$ for the restoration!  And Curtis is helpful and can get you the manuals and coin mech if you need them.

drinking Tim drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:34 pm »

Patience will pay off.. play around with it a bit and you'll discover new things... you'll see how it works and it'll all make sense.
Don't get discouraged... If your looking at doing a complete teardown of the mechanism, yes that can be alot of work, but if it's clean enough, I'd just soak it down with degreaser or some engine cleaner, then pressure wash it.. obviously if your looking to do a full restoration like curtis does on his, then your in  for a bigger job.
if not , take out the mech, get the body work and paint done and clean up the mech, reinstall and vend away!
ask questions.. we'll help ya out!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 02:56:14 pm »

email me you address and i will send you book on the stoner so you dont have to buy  jeff wolf
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 11:57:10 am »

From what little I know about Stoners there two kinds made, the original Stoner had a mirror and then the Vendo stoner with no mirror and they used the same basic changer, but they used a different mounting way.

BG
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: