SMC Discussion Areas
June 13, 2024, 01:44:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier CSS wiring diagram  (Read 4855 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: April 14, 2009, 08:35:00 am »

Does anyone have a copy or scan of the Cavalier CSS-8-64 wiring diagram that goes on the back of the door?  I did a search, and couldn't find anything, and I think the photos/download sections are not working.

I got the machine up and running last night, the coin mech gets power, but the CREMs don't engage when plugged in.  The 'HAVE A COKE' light is lit up, but no 'Correct Change Only' light, and it won't vend.  The coin mech is functioning, I pulled it from another machine.  There are a few bottles in the machine.  I haven't had a machine with the Have a Coke light, does this only light up when the machine is stocked, or is it always on?

I ran out of hours in the day to keep troubleshooting the wiring after putting the compressor deck in, any thoughts on what this might be?

Thanks for you help, its always appreciated. 

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:32:29 pm »

If your "Have a Coke" light is on & you can't pull a bottle out of the stack, then it looks like you may have your wiring connections bass-ackwards on the stacks' vending switch.  (down by the vending solenoid)  reverse the wires on the terminals marked NO (nomally open) & NC (normally closed) this will turn off the "Have a Coke" light & activate the CREMS so the coinmech' will accept coins,  smile

Once the vending price is reached, you should hear the stacks' vending solenoid "Click" & the "Have a Coke" lamp should light up agian until you remove a bottle, then it should go out, and teh coinmech should accept another coin(s).   happydrinkers

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:42:17 am »

Thanks, that was exactly where the issue was.  It turned out that the common wire had rusted out, and wasn't making contact with the switch like it should have been.  The circuit was therefore always seeing an open circuit, thinking it should have been vending, but the solenoid wasn't actually engaged to let it vend.  I attached a new connector and it works great now.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 08:07:00 pm »

Ta-Da!! Glad you found the problem...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:51:50 am »

I am still interested in the wiring and loading diagrams if anyone has a good copy or scan of them.  Mine are all torn up, and I'd like to put new ones on there.  I've attached a photo of what I am looking for, its all I was able to find. 

Does anyone sell the repro's of the wiring diagram?

Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: