SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 10:30:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Purchase  (Read 5395 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« on: April 07, 2009, 07:41:12 am »

This is one of the pieces that I purchased at the Chicago show. I can't decide if I should restore it, or just sell it as is. It has that nice old general store look to it just as it is.
Any advice!!!!  help
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:05:55 pm »

Rod, that is the same machine I just picked up on the Eastern Shore. Mine has a different base but both are very cool. Wait till you see what I'm doing to this machine? Heres a photo.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 07:46:02 pm »

If it were mine I would carfeully trace all the letters, scan that, redraw and have either
decals made or  masking made to paint them back on as they are. very cool machine...
I would want it restored as it came of the line and not all pimped out.. I like the way it looks now... but also like them restored as new too.... this one is right in the middle.... clean it up and leave it for a while it may grow on you as it is. And if you restore it and need help... trace all that stuff and mail me the tracings.... I'll scan and clean them for you.... never know when I may need your help.

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 08:08:59 pm »

Rod,

That is a cool looking machine and I like the base. You should keep that. Its something different. Everyone has stoners and so on I like this just as much if not better.
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 08:53:11 pm »

I like the rustic, original look of this also. Something that always seems to get lost in a restoration. I would like sto see how the candy gets loaded and displayed in one of these machines if anyone cares to show.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 11:55:37 pm »

That is a pretty nice original.  If it works as is and can be cleaned up a bit without messing up the decals, I would vote to keep as is!

drinking Tim drinking
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:14:17 am »

Clean her up and keep her original! Usually I'm all about 100% restoration, but in this case I think it looks great the way it is.

Brian
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:03:19 am »

Nice machine, i would clean her up and sell they way it is, if you repaint , and restore, you will have to get a lot of money for it. I have seen guys restore these and put so much money into them and have a very hard time trying to sell, This is a very nice machine, and would sell just they way it is.

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 10:34:21 am »

Oridnarily I like restored, but something about that machine  says leave it  the way it is.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:23 am »

If you are going to sell ,clean it up and you will be able to give someone a good buy, otherwise after you restore someone will have to pay a few thousand and no  one will ever pay that much for this machine
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: