SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 11:07:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new chase!!!  (Read 21661 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 11:56:46 am »

Ryan,

Nice machine and good first score!  The cheapest place to get the 8 0z. Cokes is at Sam's Club although I was able to find an independent Coke bottler in MI that is willing to sell to me at his wholesale price.  The only problem is that they are located in the Western Upper Peninsula.  The company owned distributors in MI will not sell wholesale.

Not sure where you are located but if you contact the Coca Cola Bottlers Association can tell you if there are independent Coke bottlers in your area:

http://www.ccbanet.com/

Funtronics has everything else that you need!

drinking Tim drinking
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 12:26:04 pm »

I'm not sure what coin mech you have in there, but my V90 had a Coinco S75-9800A.  You can adjust the price by taking off the slug rejector, and pressing the DIP switches behind it.

There's instructions on how to change the price in this thread:
http://soda-machines.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,29/topic,1138.0/

-Tom

GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 06:25:41 pm »

Congrats, Ryan!  That's a nice, clean machine!  Doesn't look like you need to do too much to it!

Check out the recent posts for tips on most anything you need to do.  You can always do a search for a certain topic.  You will also see posts about bottling your own soda, it doesn't take much effort and is much cheaper!  Besides, you can pick your flavors!  Most Wal-Mart stores have at least a few glass bottled sodas available, such as Crush, Frostie, etc.  Check that out as well.

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 07:06:28 pm »

Very nice machine!
If you have a Costco near, they may have 12 oz. cane sugar coke in non returnable glass.
Creighton
Pat Pixley
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »

Congrats Ryan ,  Great machine I have 1 1/2 know (Thanks JohhnieG)  plan on making one real  nice restored one biggrin later this year .
And Like everyone else has told you Funtronics for the  marquee and some of your other parts or there is Sodajerk works  Steve is a great guy to get to know.

Oh yeah And John over at vintegesodaparts  he has some Vendo parts .

Pat
buschgator
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 10:28:55 pm »

Well I'm very excited about this.  Like I mentioned before, I dont know what I'll do (if anything at all) as far as restoration goes.  It seems pretty good the way it is.  I changed the selling price today to 5cents.  Seems more fun than 25.  Now I've just gotta give it a good cleaning, buy some bottled coke, and plug her in.

Thanks for all the kind words about my first machine, much appreciated.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 11:07:37 pm »

Nice machine... but it looks lonely down... You need to get another one to keep it company....
then a gas pump, a couple candy machines, a payphone, barber pole,  don't forget a juke,
then...
Congrats! Very clean looking.... good score!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
buschgator
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 03:38:21 pm »

I agree.  My machine is very lonely in the garage and will most likely get a friend at some point.  In the mean time I might just pick up some small coke collectible items to dress up the place around it. 

I have been out of town for almost a week and this is the first time I've been able to do anything with the machine since I got it home.  I am going to just give it a once over cleaning and was wondering if there is anything to be sure to take care of before I plug it in for its first run.  Anything particular I should be sure to do?  Anything to avoid?  Thanks fellas!

-Ryan
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 05:53:45 pm »

You should skip the small collectable coke things...in a year you will have so many machines, you won't have room for anything else. I know that sounds crazy, but I would guess you will be buying machines left and right...also, the machines multiply like they are having babies.
Nice job on your first machine! drinking

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
buschgator
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 05:59:46 pm »

Yeah youre probably right.  I have to make sure my wife warms up to the idea of machine number 2 at some point.

How about the cleaning and prepping of this machine....any suggestions?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: