SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 12:49:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found this in my gamesroom this morning.....  (Read 6810 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 06:09:49 am »

Great looking machine.  Nice job on the resto!

drinking Tim drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 08:18:24 am »

Very cool Dave,,, yeah that Pink doesn't look to bad? maybe a little extra darker pink pin striping could really make it stand out? but looks good the way it is too.

I've talked with some other guys who restore these about locks and instruction plates, etc... No-One has found a replacement lock that will work in the existing locking bar mechanism the way it is set up... most guys from what I saw in Chicago, just take the locking bar out and put in a regular old "latch" style or "Cabinet" style lock, which I guess works just fine as I'm sure your not putting it out for the public to get candy out of and afraid of someone breaking into it? so that should work just fine..

as far as the instruction plate.. Jim from Northland Restoration has had some created,, they are screen printed on a Foil Type material, alot like a price Foil Cal for a soda machine,, they look like metal but are a thicker style decal... again from 3feet back, they look great and what he does is still screw in tiny screws in the corners to give it the look that is's held in by screws..
He can be contacted through his website at www.northlandjukeboxs.com

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: