SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 01:22:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found this in my gamesroom this morning.....  (Read 6811 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: February 16, 2009, 01:17:55 pm »

Hey John, That machine you sent me over must have been pregnant or maybe the stoner got at it.... Today I came down and found this U sellect sitting there looking at me...

Well not quite... But after a six hour round trip I found myself a U Sellect... Its a bit battered and bruised as it spent a bit of its life being abused in an American Theme Bar...

Have just literally got it in and I can't figure out how to start taking it to bits... It looks complete but has had the front door bangoed at some time...

Want to a nice restore on this so will need lots of advice on striping down etc and colour scheme as well....

Dave
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 01:39:27 pm »

I've got nothing to offer, other than if I ever make ito ver to the UK ( and we have offices there) I  need to visit your game room.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:41:10 pm »

You would be more than welocme.... More than welcome..
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 02:42:47 pm »

Nice machine Dave.. I think my machines must be taking birth control pills cause there have been no new additions in a while..  down

With mine, the front chute just lifts off.. maybe with a tap of a mallot..

If you open the front door, There should be a release lever inside  which will remove the back panel. Thats about as far as I got with my machine..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 02:47:08 pm »

Any idea where that release lever is... I have managed to get the front door open...

Cheers

Dave
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 03:19:46 pm »

Great looking machine Dave, I actually LOVE That original Color,, kind of a Burnt Orange? it looks like... very cool, I'd love to do up a machine in that color scheme.

Also, glad you got the other one I sent, and yes,,, I'm guilty I planted little "Vending Machine Eggs" inside the other machine and figured they'd hatch while in transit... ta da... !!!

I've restored 2 of them so far and think I have it down so will be glad to help..

First off, you said you got the main door open? good... the lever to release the back side is located right in front of the coin mech, See first photo.. just lift , pull out and up toward you, and that will realease the lock that holds the back on .. once released the back will slide off.

next is to get the taper pins out of the shafts that hold the selector knob and the chrome crank down lever, this will be the trickiest part, and will take some patience, a long tool to push it out and your favorite swear words... but should come out..

once those are removed, a few small screws and the whole mech should slide out.

The front chute, as bubba said, should just slide up and off with a little pressure, or small tap with mallet...

Please ask more questions if you have them and I'll try to help.

I'd love a real large photo of that machine to show that color to my painter... I think I want to do a stoner jr in that color... you can email that to me... largest you can get.

Thanks
John
john@popmachineshop.com

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »

John

Just about to go to bed now... Have managed to get the back door off after taking a hammer to the lever... Tomorrow will get that picture for you...

I have lots of questions... I think mine might be incomplete because I just can't see where the coin box is... The shutes just sort of end midway down and the money falls to the floor... I think... The product door has also been shut up.. This must have been to stop prying hands in the Bar.... Coins just fall through the coin mech... Will know more when I can get the vending mech out...

Not too sure if this was the orignal colour either as there seems to be a blue breaking through....

Mine is nowhere near as clean as your picture above.... After work tomorrow I'll get back to it... Providing Mrs B doesn't put her foot down....

Dave
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 03:15:42 am »

Hi Guys

thought I'd share a picture of the U Select... Its now finished.
Just need a new lock and instruction plate. Had decal made up for the time being and
it doesn't look too bad. Certainly no one this end of the world would know the
difference..

The colour scheme was not mine. I had apparantly told my five year old she could
choose the colour of the next machine and she never forgot...

Its growing on me though...

Dave
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 04:17:42 am »

Looks great! I like the pink color. It looks good. It should be a pepto Bismal machine Smiley
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 05:09:04 am »

The machine looks awesome Dave. You're daughter will never forget that you let her pick, a great investment!  biggrin

Brian
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: