SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 12:01:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 Questions  (Read 2736 times)
johnb
« on: February 08, 2009, 09:04:17 am »

Hi All,
I have what appears to be an all original Vendo 81B (small coin box) although I just noticed that ID plate model says " H81    D". The "D" is somewhat over to the right. The serial number indicates it was mfg in March 1957. I am pretty sure it is the original plate. Does anyone know when they started to mfg the "D" version and could they have mixed up the plates on the mfg line if both were produced at the same time. Also, it seems that the top, front and side white paint is a bit crazed (cracked) in spots compared to the back white and red. The back white and rest of the red paint and was never repainted and wonder if the white paint they used did not hold up as well as the red? Thanks.
John
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:07:17 am »

Can you post a picture of your machine?
johnb
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:31:03 am »

Hi,
I do not have a picture now as it is in storage. I do know it is an 81B for sure and am sure it was never repainted. I have painted cars in the past and do not see any signs of masking and the original insides have never been touched. I will try to get you a picture if you need it.
John
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:56:48 pm »

Paint problem could also be that it was always back up to a wall and front / sides where exposed to sun/rain/snow and other elements more than the back?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: