SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 06:36:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wood frame and Body work questions for vendo 110D  (Read 2488 times)
ducatihummer
10 Cent Member

« on: January 29, 2009, 04:11:47 pm »

I finally started working on tearing down my 110. I have it apart and was wondering what order I should continue in.

I know I need to make a new wood frame so I’m guessing that should be on the top of my list. Is there an easy way to make sure the door lines up once I make the wood framing? Not sure if anyone on here as done this yet and has any tips. I was even debating on using Trex or something as opposed to cedar or other wood. What your thoughts on that?

Now that it is apart, should I concentrate on any area’s I can see needs metal work, fix those, then get it blasted, fix any other area’s that come up, then get it primed and painted. Or should I just blast it, Prime it, then work on all the area’s that need it, then paint it.

I’m not sure of my timelines, I know I’m not going to be able to get everything done quickly, so I need to know the best order to work in and not have to re-do anything. If I blast it, then it may sit for weeks before I get to body work, but I should be able to though a quick coat of primer on it? suggestions and any help would be great.

I’ll send pics as soon as I have them. If defiantly doesn’t look pretty at all right now, it has a lot of surface rust, just about the entire machine is a it’s a nice pretty reddish brown color…, but can’t see any that goes all the way though except by the bottle door and maybe near the belt line.

Frank

Vendo 110 LD
Vendo 81D
Vendo 56
VMC 33
Vendo Changer, Early
Vendo Changer, Late

Stoner Theater w/Gum
Stoner JR w/Gum
Stoner 180 w/Gum
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:43:35 pm »

I would just fix the metal first. If you do the body work and then blast it you'll probable blast part of the putty around the edges. Then blast it, fix the dents and primer.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:31:15 pm »

I'd strip it all down, Blast it , if you have time right away to do some body work, great do it, if not put a coat of primer on it,, then when you can get back to it, sand down the primer on areas that need body work do your body work apply filler, etc.. sand and then reprime..or just give it to a body guy and he'll take care of all of it for ya?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: