SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 06:52:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missed opportunity - Right in my own backyard!!  (Read 3732 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« on: January 21, 2009, 09:09:14 am »

Got an email late Thursday evening from a friend of mine who owns a 50's style gas station 10 minutes out of town.

"Hey Brian, I wanted to let you know that there is an auction at the armory here in Bedford Saturday morning at 9:30. They have (2) 1957 Stoner candy machines and (1) 1954 Stoner Theatre model candy machine. I know this kind of thing is up your alley, so I thought I would pass it on.

Unfortunately I got this email TUESDAY morning when I returned to work! I called Matt C to let him know. He called the auctioneer and got this response concerning the (3) machines.

“I can tell you that the candy machines sold for $100 - $210 but I'm sorry I can not give out information on buyers”

So......somebody got either a Junior or a Theater for $100 - $210. But it wasn't me!  darn

Here's a pic that the auctioneer had of the Stoner Theater.

Brian
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:39:06 am »

In the immortal words of Homer Jay Simpson, "DOH!"

I had the same thing happen to me last year.  Did not do my CL searches one day and the next day I saw a Stoner Theatre for $75 nearby--long gone of course!

Oh well, another one will turn up.  hopefull

drinking Tim drinking
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 11:51:26 am »

BOO! That is too bad. It always seems like we just miss out on the good stuff we want!!! Time to have a few of these  drinking drinking drinking and keep looking! Stuff if out there!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 05:37:25 pm »

WOW... Too bad Brian... hopefully someone got it that will appreciate the good deal they got, or that they'll enjoy it for while and resell it for what they paid for it someday..  darn
Goes to say.. "THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE" keeps the hunt alive in all of us!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
ducatihummer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 11:32:05 am »

I've been wondering if there was a theater model with a gum wheel. That was one great find for someone. I hope someday I can find a theater model with a gum wheel. I just hope I can be patient enough... Cause now I know the machine I will always want! Not that I don't want a JR with gum wheel  smile

I went onto that auctions web site and found pics of the two JR's that were sold as well. Here they are.

Frank

Vendo 110 LD
Vendo 81D
Vendo 56
VMC 33
Vendo Changer, Early
Vendo Changer, Late

Stoner Theater w/Gum
Stoner JR w/Gum
Stoner 180 w/Gum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print