SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 05:57:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Couple of questions about DN 150-5  (Read 1903 times)
nobliti
« on: January 09, 2009, 01:16:32 pm »

I see there is a cooling section specifically and will post there if need be, but I have three questions that may or may not be quick/easy answers-

1) Marquee Light- Mine works fine but I am currently untwisting (so both prongs aren't seated in the holder) the CFL bulb in there when I don't want it on. I only have this light on when there are a lot of people over. Is there a best method to wiring a switch to control this light manually? OR, is there a way to turn this light off without untwisting the bulb? (IE a plug in the machine that is easily accessible). I already have a manual switch that adds a coin on the front and can place another swtich for the light, but would prefer something not seen as it won't get used often.

2)Cooling- My compressor runs all the time. It is a bit noisy as well. Not blaring loud, but not quiet like every other soda machine I have run across on route either. It keeps my soda ice cold, and it keeps my electric bills sky high. I can set the temp setting to 1 and it is the same as if I had the temp at 8. Reading up, I may have a thermostat issue? Also, the condensor coils in the front of the machine (under the soda selections) get a block of ice on them after running for about two days. I can turn the temp to zero to defrost the machine, and then repeat the cycle over again. Is the cause of freezing simply because of the constant running of the compressor or is there are another issue here (IE low refrigerant)?

3)Machine Manual/Schematics- I am well versed in pinball schematics, but not so much soda machine. Are there digital manuals readily available for this machine? If not, what about paper? best price/location, etc..?

More questions to come, I am sure... but these are the big three for me right now... Thanks in advance...Tim
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:29:24 pm by nobliti » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: