SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 09:07:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News Flash!!! - - - - - Popperette reunited with long lost stand!!  (Read 13148 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 08:11:04 am »

Some more, I love progress!

Brian
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 08:19:40 am »

Hanging some drywall! I'm really glad that I hung it myself and subbed out the finishing. They did in three days what would have taken me weeks if not months and I would hack goofed it up I'm sure!

Brian
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 08:24:57 am »

More drywall..

Brian
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 06:17:04 pm »

Wow, the soda fountain is as big as the scrapbook room.  upside
Can't wait to see the final pictures!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 08:07:49 pm »

Wow, the soda fountain is as big as the scrapbook room.  upside
I think the "Scrapbook" room, should be called the "Suck-up" Room... as I'm sure that is how he convinced the Misses on building a Soda Fountain in the House!
Way to go Brian... good thinking

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 10:30:36 pm »

I need a basement like that so my wife can have her own scrapbooking room and I can have the gameroom/antique/beer/soda room.  Lately it has been either she has her scrapbooking room or I have my hobby room, and I've lost the battle the last few houses!   down

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 02:00:04 am »

I'd just love to have the space you have in your basement for my WHOLE house...
The area you have squared off for the bolier is bigger than my master bedroom...

Plse post pictures of its completion with all those lovely toys of yours in their new places...

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 06:23:31 am »

How did you all guess?? Yes, the Scrapbooking Room was actually an afterthought and was originally a storage area connected to the under-stair storage. It isn't really big enough for her purposes but by name alone it helps. When we first bought the house I explained to her that I'd love to have a gameroom and a mini-50's diner with a small soda fountain. I drew up the plan and we sat down and hammered out the final layout together.

After the framing was done and the drywall had started being hung did she mention to me that it seemed like I was getting the "entire" basement to myself and that she had nowhere to pursue her hobby of scrapbooking.

Now, for you fellas that have wives that enjoy scrapbooking I'm sure you know that it isn't something that is entered into lightly. You can't just sit down and scrap. You have to everything set up just right and sometimes the thought of that process is very discouraging. Discouraging enough to make you not want to start at all! So, I was down in the hole one day and decided to surprise her by finishing out the storage area for her to have a small but useable Scrapbooking room.

Ultimately when we get to where we want to be, our current two car garage is going to be converted into a playroom for the kids and into *her* office/scrapbooking room. At the same time I will be building a two car garage/shop with a room in attic! Here's an artists rendering and layout.

Brian
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: