SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 08:26:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News Flash!!! - - - - - Popperette reunited with long lost stand!!  (Read 13147 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« on: January 07, 2009, 06:57:09 am »

I am so stoked!!! After 3 years of looking and waiting my Popperette is finally complete with the addition of an original stand courtesy of John (Signguy) and Matt (Mcarter). Thanks to John for the excellent packing job and the quick shipping and big thanks to Matt for letting me use (abuse) his shipping discount. Thanks for hookin' a brother up!

My wife got home yesterday and found the lonely box sitting outside of the garage in the cold where Matt had left earlier that day on his way through. She opened the door and "let" it inside where it is now nice and warm down in my soon-to-be-finished basement. It has taken it's rightful place!

As a side note. I found an old news article from May 6, 1950 that talked about Popperettes on location at various "amusement places" and it listed the dimensions as 15"x18"x21" which would lead me to believe that the machine was distributed without the base. What do you guys think?

Here are a couple of pics of my newly completed machine.

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:07:01 am »

It's always nice to see a family reunited again.  I'm glad you finally got one.  I know how long you've been looking for the impossible.

They were sold with or without the stand.  Usually a patron would buy it and put it on a countertop. 

A lot of stuff.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:12:46 am »

That looks fantastic! I think that is the ultimate coin op machine. That is at the top of my "someday" wish list.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:57:47 pm »

Brian,
It looks Great,, I'm glad I could help you out on that...The other trim piece and other parts we talked about are on their way!

The original literature I got has it pictured both with and without the stand, I am sure it was an accessory available to the retailer when the purchase was made...

I like it better with stand...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:25:14 am »

Wow... that looks great...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 10:32:38 am »

That's awesome Brian ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 10:59:22 am »

Thanks to John for the excellent packing job and the quick shipping and big thanks to Matt for letting me use (abuse) his shipping discount. Thanks for hookin' a brother up!

Looks great Brian! I know how it feels to finally get parts to complete a piece - it is thrilling to say the least!

If my memory serves me correctly - John would not have been able to get you that stand if Creighton had not posted the SMC thread "Popperettes anyone?", which John jumped on.
So you should include Creighton in your appreciation because nobody would have any of it if Creighton had not shared the love also.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:47 pm »

True! Thanks Creighton!!

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:39:25 am »

DIDDO... thanks Creighton..
I have thanks Crieghton as well for discovering this find.
And to clear things up so everyone knows what came about with this find..
I contacted the guy, we exchanged several emails and phone calls. after other offers he got, he "raised" his original listing price. we agreed on a number (not the original asking price for those who thought I bought these for 3700.) Paid  MUCH more but thought I was getting 9 machines out if it. Paid another guy to DRIVE out from Minneapoils to pick them up on the Montana / Washington border..  I got them and was able to only complete 3 original machines out all the parts.. Which of course was able  to sell to people who contacted me about them (thank you to those who know who your are.)
Was able to sell a few extra parts and have a few remaining.  Was able to help a few members out by completeing their machiens with a stand...
I wish I was able to get 9 total machines out of the bunch but truth was ,there where only enought for 3 complete machines... I do thank Crieghton very much for posting this listing, and offering to help.  I do have some more incomplete units available if anyone is interested.. who knows.. maybe more stashes will come up.. since this find I have found one more COMPELTE unit that ... and maybe more will follow... but who knows.. these are Awesome machiens... I just used mine again tonight with friends in my basement bar.. .we had drinks and about 10 bags of popcorn out of it.. how cool is that.. we had a lot of fun, now gotta go to bed.
Good night.
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
red-hungarian
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 09:43:53 am »

What do these go for unrestored (if you're lucky enough to find one)?

Vendo 81D
Westinghouse 10 Case Master (WD-10)
Westinghouse WH-5T
Gone: Vendo Junior, V56, CS-72, CS-96, CS-124, Pepsi V33 ,v27, v27b, 6 case/110, Westinghouse Master, Standard, Victor 3-door, Vendo 29 spin-top, I forget...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: