SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 02:38:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-BAY Changes Jan 1st  (Read 8831 times)
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 08:51:37 pm »

I don't think I will ever sell a machine on ebay again. I have heard to many stories of Paypal reversing the charges to the buyer. I couldn't imagine being out all the money and more importantly all the work by someone doing this.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 11:16:42 pm »

Well.. I still buy on greedbay... I email the seller to see if they'll take a money order and so far so good... I paid cash when I picked up the Grapette cooler.... I still notice that some sellers
write in the description they will take a check or money order...
These new rules are for them to make money by forcing paypal... and Glens right my buddy sold
some lawn equipment and he couldn't touch the funds till the buyer left a positive feedback.
took almost 2 months!
So he's back to running ad in the local paper...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 10:57:15 am »

I still buy and sell on eBay - just not as much as I once did.
I listed a restored LD mech and sold 2 other mechs through the eBay messaging system which will be settled outside of eBay and PayPal.  biggrin

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 03:51:08 am »

Thats how I generally do it here in Singapore. Ebay is just catching on in Asia. However most auctions never go to the end. Since this entire country is 17 to 19 miles long you can self collect anything. Ebay here is more like Craigslist. You see something you want and you email the seller make an offer and go get it. Ebay knows this and charges all of their fees at the beginning. PayPal just started here in Asia so that is something new here. Right now I have my HP Laptop on Ebay Singapore and I have had a dozen offers. Most have been scammers which is another rant all together.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 09:02:05 pm »

I am also emailing the seller and asking if they except Money Orders. So far it has worked out. I have a hard time with the credit thing. Too many risk involved.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 11:18:54 pm »

I think ebay is actually setting themselves up for more "outside" of ebay transactions.. For anyone who is selling some thing a little more unique and rare,, it's a great place to get the exposure, generate some interest, and then Bam, pull the listing and deal with the offers he most likely will get off line ... It will be interesting to see how that will work... I too have gotten around the whole paypal required thing.. just contact the buyer/seller and arrange it..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 08:46:24 pm »

A friend of mine just sold a Vendo 80 on E-bay. The buyer sent him the funds
by Paypal. This $800.00 has been on hold for a week. Upon inquiry he learned that
any funds over $250.00 will now be held by Paypal until either a shipper's bill of lading
is provided, or the buyer submits a posative feedback on the seller.
         Since the buyer has pre-arranged transport by a private shipper (U-ship), no B O L will be issued at the time of pickup and the machine will be 2000 miles away before any feedback is submitted.
         Hopefully the buyer is honest and motivated enough to leave posative feedback, so
that payment will finally be recieved 3 to 4 weeks after the sale, at the soonest.

I just sold a restored LD on eBay and within hours was able to withdraw $800+ funds into my bank account with no problems. It seemed normal saying funds would be credited in 3-4 days depending on bank policy.
I will follow up this post when funds actually get credited.
The listing also drummed up 1-2 mech restorations and a sale, so well worth the fees to me if they all come to fruition.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: