SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 10:07:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-BAY Changes Jan 1st  (Read 9277 times)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« on: December 30, 2008, 08:29:31 am »

Hello Auctiva Community!
We just wanted to remind you of three important eBay policy changes that will begin to be enforced in early 2009.

As you’ll recall, eBay started enforcing maximum shipping and handling charges on books, DVD’s and Movies, Music, and Video Games in October of 2008. Sellers were given until January 2009 to update their item descriptions to make sure that the first domestic shipping option is below eBay’s policy maximum. More details: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/MaxShipping/ and http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/OtherFAQ/#1.
eBay gave sellers a grace period for removing paper payment options such as checks and money orders from item descriptions. Enforcement begins in January 2009. For a refresher on this eBay policy, see this link: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/OtherFAQ/#3
Sellers will need to specify handling time and a return policy in their listings. Enforcement begins in mid-March 2009. More details: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200810071337332.html

eBay has made numerous changes during 2008 and we expect there will be more in 2009. Our staff has been working hard to keep Auctiva in synch with eBay’s changes and we will continue to do so in 2009.

Have a safe, successful and joyous holiday season,

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:04:35 pm »

Great.......

Brian
choice120
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:11:42 pm »

Thats why I sell stuff on craigslist its free not like FEEBAY. They wont be around much acting like that drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:17:04 pm »

Shrug, I've kevetched about the changes Ebay has been making,  but  for exposure as a seller, or trying to locate a hard to find item, it's still the best game in town.
If something better  comes along, sweet, but the other auction sites  just didn't  cut it

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 02:19:49 pm »

Your wright!, they got us by the, "You Know"
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:48:57 pm »

I STILL can't undestand how they can FORCE buyers to pay ONLY by paypal.
If I buy from you by way of a newspaper classified, does the newspaper get a cut of the payment (in addition to ad fees)? I don't think so!.
Surprised there isn't any lawsuits over this.
Another thing...
If a seller cannot leave feedback to the buyer, why is it I am still being asked for it when I purchase something? I don't like being asked, even begged, for feedback. I've had one seller not give feedback because I did not leave him any. And I saw one note say something like
after we receive feedback our system will automatically leave feedback for you. One seller wrote I left feedback for you, now how about me? Thats why I don't like feedback. Begging.
Terry
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:31:23 pm »

Part of the new rules  for selling require  high ratings ( ie feedback)  or risk suspension.  The rating system  Ebay implented  also  provides discounts to  to the power sellers, prime  spots in  the  new lisitng scheme they came up with, and a lot of stuff that made my eyes glaze.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 04:05:22 pm »

This could be the straw that breaks the camels back. Great for people who
sell heavily on e-bay, bad for the guy who has an old Coke machine in his garage
and has no idea how much shippers will charge him for shipping across town or
across the country or across the ocean, plus they will make him set up a paypal
account for just 1 item.
         People who sell heavily on e-bay probably don't have anything so unique
that I couldn't find the same thing at the mall here in town.
         E-bay got their start by connecting buyers and sellers of PEZ dispensers,
now they turn their backs on the collector market and prefer to compete with Wallmart.

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 04:24:55 pm »

Yep... I won't (can't buy/sell on ebbay) anymore... Don't have a Paypal account... well I did till the
credit card expired and when I went in to replace with the new one .. wouldn't do it.... so screw
it... If I really, REALLY need something, my brother has an account and I'll buy through him... but
guess I'm done selling..... oh well... I'vr bought better stuff on Craigslist the last year anyway.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 04:50:20 pm »

E-Bay owns Paypal so how can they force someone to use there system where they make? 3%+ on top of the sale and listing fees. This Sucks!! How can they do this. You even have to take out anything in your listing that says Money order or Check, Etc. Or face the O mighty E-Bay Gods! Anyone know anything about the law?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: