SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 05:42:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1960's Can Punch Opener , Can we sell it Auction style???  (Read 9557 times)
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 12:55:45 am »

I know I am new, and probably don;t have much of a voice, but I think something like this is a good idea. I like the fact of keeping things in the family. We just need to figure out a place to put things. The swap meet area is more for parts isn't it?

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 01:26:29 am »

I think that this is a very good forum for hobbiest to get together and exchange ideas and experiances to better ourselves. The ads placed by members are also an excellent idea, if I or someone else has an item for sale we place a price on it and offer it out there for anyone that my be interested, but the idea of having an item and asking the buyer to tell me what it is worth takes away from the true reason for a forum such as this (which I believe is mutual aid and advice) and begans to lean more torwards the venue of Greedbay, I sorry, Ebay.
We have all heard of, and even seen the tricks of working Ebay for the better deal or avoidance of giving a good deal.
I recommend we keep this a friendly forum, the way it is set up now. If you want a million dollars for a vendo 83, then post the ad and I will consider it. But don't tease me with the idea of a vendo 81 at a $400.00 starting bid. I get that already with Ebay.

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 12:09:57 pm »

I see what John is saying.. In the for-sale section, just another post. In stead of asking a set price, let a buyer decide the final price after a week or whatever. I don't think its a big deal.. Its just another way of selling.
Thanks Bubba, Thats is exactly what I had intended... no one has to create a site, make a special thread, build an auction forum... Just a place for members to put an item that they want to offer up to the group... either way, I posted it in the classifieds section with a set price.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:19:58 pm by SIGNGUY » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 01:25:42 am »

I was looking through my Petretti's tonight, and accidently stumbled upon this. It books for $200.00

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 03:31:35 pm »

I had no bites on the classifieds... so off to the Big RED,BLUE,YELLOW,GREEN monster it goes to the highest bidder...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: