SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 05:34:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1960's Can Punch Opener , Can we sell it Auction style???  (Read 9556 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: December 15, 2008, 09:27:32 pm »

I've seen the guys on Old Gas do this on a thread , and Jim, if you don't allow this, feel free to let me know and I'll pull it.. However with all the happenings on FEEBAY Latelely and the fact that this is the best group of collectors that I know of, figured if I'm gonna sell something auction style... it should be to the people who would appreciate it the most? am I right or am I right? SO I'd like to offer this item up to the highest bidder that puts up a bid by next Monday night at 7pm.  I think this could be fun and kinda "keep it in the family" type of thing?? Heck, maybe We could even add a thread just for SMC Auctions?
Again, Jim, if you don't permit this on the site, just let me know and I'll pull it .

Up for bids is a 1960's Can Puncher that was mounted to the front of the first Can Vending machines, It even has a plug in for it so that the tip would stay hot and "hopefully" ward off bacteria and mold I suppose? not sure how well that worked. It's metal construction with the front housing almost looks like it's dipped in plastic coating. Bids do not include shipping. Bidding starts at $5.00
Good luck Gentlemen

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:42:14 pm »

With Greedbay being a joke, I like the idea of starting a bidding area here on this site. Jim, maybe the members could pay a small "listing" fee and the money could go to the cost of next year's calendars or something???

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:51:06 pm »

I have to disagree. There just are not enough members on here to make it worth your while to sell on here. That is what the swap meet area and the classified section is for. Place a listing for what you have and what you want for it without it being an auction. Jim already tried the auction a while ago and no one used it. I think it will be the same way. This seems like a lot of work for Jim for something that has already failed. Basically the auction would be a complicated classified after all what are the chances of getting more than one or two bids from our small group. Just my two cents.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:07:36 pm »

Good point! I did not know that there was some sort of auction on here in the past. I would agree with you then, it is pointless to have an auction. Stick with the swap meet area and the classified section. Thanks Josh!

Brian  happydrinkers
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 11:13:50 pm »

I have to agree with Josh on this , It was done once and it did not work
 it sat stalled for some time I think Jim had some stuff on it and maybe two
other members and that was it for a long time.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:42:48 am »

I'm open to everyone's suggestions; however, we did have a Free Auction Feature a couple of years ago that went unused, for the most part, probably because of greedbay's great exposure...
As others have stated, our Classified Ads System and the Swap Meet Area seem to be getting attention and that adding another way to sell items may be redundant...
Perhaps in the future, this may be something we can collectively revisit and as our member base increases, this may provide that missing feature everyone is looking for...

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 10:59:14 am »

I wasn't really looking for anyone to go through the work of setting up a whole Auction site or system..
the idea here was simply a place to put an item, and let other members make offers on it and the seller would agree to accept the highest offer obtained at a designated time?

They do this on old gas, and it's just a way to "keep it in the family" ...

Just thought it was a fun idea and and easy way to get a few bucks for an item that I have no idea of the value is for it...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 10:08:32 pm »

I see what John is saying.. In the for-sale section, just another post. In stead of asking a set price, let a buyer decide the final price after a week or whatever. I don't think its a big deal.. Its just another way of selling.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:10:30 pm by bubba » Logged

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 10:54:24 pm »

I'll go either way...
What ever the consensus is for the addition...

My six cents,

Jim

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 11:30:13 pm »

John,
How about you just start an auction on your site and post a pointer to it here on SMC?
No extra work for Jim and you still get the exposure.
Creighton
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: