SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 02:27:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free play switch once more  (Read 156203 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2012, 10:35:40 am »

Right now it only has tubes stacked on top of each other that are for nickles.
Do I need a whole new unit to have the dime tubes?

Yeah basically, yours is the early model that only gives change in nickels (same as a Coinco 9800 series) if you need dimes in your change, then I'd go with a later model Coinco 9400 series(nickel/dime change), or a three-tube Coinco 9300 series or equivalent MARS coinmech. just make sure it has the 8*-pin "Jones" plug & is rated for 115 volt service,

*= PS the round pin in the Jones plug doesn't count although some people would call it a 9-pin plug (they are wrong) it's just an index pin so you cant plug the thing into the machine backwards.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:41:55 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2012, 11:45:29 pm »

Bump...I had to reload the diagram due to the servers being monkeyed with ( hacked), so I made some improvements....carry on then.

I've redrawn the diagram to show the basic components...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 05:16:39 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Deacon

« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2013, 06:32:40 pm »

My Machine seems to be wired Differently.  There is nothing connected to pin one. 

I don't know maybe it is because my machine is newer.  I have A Cornelius Type 120

Deacon
Tomahawk27
5 Cent Member

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2013, 06:27:44 pm »

Big bump but was knew someone here could give me an answer. Thanks to Kbareit (Ken) I now have a functioning vend motor and the last (hopefully) step to making this machine fully functional again, is to have it free vend. I have a Westy 102 and while the Jones plug adapter method seems like it should work, I was wondering if I could simply connect a plunger switch with two spade connectors and then connect that to the carrier switch? The wiring diagram photo was bigger than 100KB or I would have posted it.

The only reason I ask is because, if it worked, I could then mount the switch to the inside of the cabinet and use the hole I drilled for the crank vend assembly. I figure this would look better than having the switch up near the Jones socket and having a random hole in the bottom of the machine!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2013, 08:48:33 pm »

You may be shocked to learn ( literally the hard way) that the entire vending control circuit on a 'Westy

"select-a-matic" (models 60, 78, 102...etc)  is line voltage (120 volts) beware  wow

Why would you even want to mount a switch & drill a hole down by the vending motor? it would look retarded. (politically incorrect '60's slang) use the jones connector & save yourself the trouble of hacking up the wiring harness any further.

PS ..it's name is a Momentary push button or contact switch, not a plunger switch  (a plunger switch/dynamo is used to set off an explosive charge)  tounge

11 is louder than 10...
Tomahawk27
5 Cent Member

« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2013, 09:31:07 pm »

Wow, 120 volts was way more than I was thinking, good thing I didn't mess around with it too much.

Should have clarified about the hole. The hole is already there from an attempt to make a crank vend mechanism a while ago. This was after I had researched replacement motors over the web and even ran out of luck on this site. While it obviously looks dumb now (and I do plan on filling it later), the thought process at the time was that a crank vend was my best bet. That's why I figured I could try and save face and use the hole.

I had a feeling it wasn't the proper name but to be fair, I did do a Google search for plunger switch and that's what came up. Regardless, I'll use the proper name(s) now lol
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »

Your doing good really, I guess you could make use of the existing hole. but I'd personally use an appropriate size electrical type push-in hole plug & paint it as close to "Coke" red as possible via ye olde rattle can spray & mount the a mini size freeplay switch  inside the coin return chute opening ( Radio shack has some 120 volt rated momentary push buttons that work well, just make sure to get a "normally-open" switch)  the hole plug you can pick up at a big box store like Home depot or Lowes, ACE, etc. at least the vend motors working now!

11 is louder than 10...
Tomahawk27
5 Cent Member

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2013, 11:26:23 pm »

I have a feeling that's what I'll do. I have leftover red from when the machine was sprayed so matching the color shouldn't be too difficult I would think. That's where I was planning on mounting it as well. Kind of funny when you think about it... press down a lever to get your money back but this time, get the drink instead
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2013, 03:25:07 am »

If you have any problems Tom I'll be down your way on the 20th. I have some install work to check out and would be able to help you out if you need it.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
Tomahawk27
5 Cent Member

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2013, 02:37:44 pm »

Thanks Ken. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out by then but if not, I'll try and give you a heads up before the 20th
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: