SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 07:31:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some direction, please?  (Read 4419 times)
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« on: October 19, 2008, 05:28:42 pm »

Got the FREE Glasco GBV50 in da house. Actually, the back patio because no room in da basement!
Looking for an article "How to enjoy your soda machine when you can' afford the body work/paint job" LOL!
It will be awhile before I will enjoy my machine. Problems are...
Lid is very pitted. Looks like more than surface rust.
There is alot of corrosion on the end by the loading door as well as along the chromed strip along the top front below the lid.
Coin box is missing.
Looks to be set to retrieve bottles free. Would like to return to 10cents.
The compressor runs but the fan doesn't. Did not run it long enough to see if it cools.

It will need major bodywork and complet paint. Should I get the fishtail decal now before supply runs out? I probably won't get the bodywork done for a coupla years.
Would like to find a replacement lid so that this minor cosmetic job would make it a bit more attractive to me. I can hide the loading door rust by putting near the wall.
Is the replacement fan a difficult fix?
Would also like a replacement coin box.
Thanks.
Terry
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:52:03 pm »

Reproduction lids will always be available, as well as coin boxes and fishtail logos.
You can hide the loading door rust by putting it near the wall but then how will you load
the bottles?
        We have all had your problems, and they are not as hard to fix as you may think  happydrinkers

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:20:54 am »

Lids and Parts should be available down the Road, Can't guarentee price however so if you have the funds, maybe now is the time to buy the new top as I think you can still get them for around 199.00 , Decals can be made anytime... I have those , so let me know.
Let's see some phtoso if it as is...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 06:54:08 pm »

Hey Terry I was going to ask the same question that Signguy asked  sure would like to see some pictures of it.
As far as the Lid you could have one made by a sheet metal worker and the Coke fishtail
you can have one made.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 07:57:22 pm »

Regarding the Lid, I know that I've discusse this with a few individuals already but seems like the price by "finding a sheet metal worker" method is not too cost effective... I think Joey was looking at getting some bids too and he was over 250 or so a peice and that is with no hardware... I got an email confirmation from Cornhusker sign that his are 199 , mirror stainless, hinges, handle powder coated underside in silver and the decal! all for 199.00.. thought was a pretty good deal?
Just thought I'd share.. I may buy a couple just to have them for my next restoration.

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54:30 pm »

Im out, Way to costly. I even had the stainless steel in 4 X 10 sheets, nobody wants to even touch the project. I looked into a metal brake but the one I could afford was discontinued. If you can get them for $200.00 from Cornhusker thats a deal!!!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 11:49:34 pm »

I'll tell you guys something the Lid I had done for my Orange Crush was less than
$120.00 ( And I do mean less)  yes I had to put the hinges on and I had a new handle and it was that brushed stainless steel and it was one of my clients

Time are tuff right know for some people and if they can make a few more bucks
they might be willing to come down on the price do a little calling around take the lid with you see what they say smile.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 06:41:45 am »

Ignore my ignorance here, but will Cornhusker's Ideal 55 lid fit the Glasco 50?  $200  lid isn't a deal if it's not  the same size.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 10:19:33 am »

As far as i know it's the same... sure looks the same but  I guess I never tried swapping?
Good question, but would assume the same.

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:47 am »

I'll tell you guys something the Lid I had done for my Orange Crush was less than
$120.00 ( And I do mean less)  yes I had to put the hinges on and I had a new handle and it was that brushed stainless steel and it was one of my clients

Time are tuff right know for some people and if they can make a few more bucks
they might be willing to come down on the price do a little calling around take the lid with you see what they say smile.

Pat, would your Client want to run off a few more of these lids? Charge 150 for them and make a few bucks for your troubles...?
I'd be interested in a few if you could get them... and I'm sure others would be as well?

John

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: