SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 09:26:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner Jr. coin Mech problems  (Read 8628 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« on: October 07, 2008, 05:34:29 am »

Since it seems to be the season for Stoner Jr. issues I thought I'd air this one out to the experts.

My Stoner Jr. was one of my very first coin-op projects and I didn't do a very good job of documenting everything. Now when I get a new toy I basically do what I call a "baseline" on it which means a ton of pic's and I research and try to find out as much info as I can.

When I picked the machine up I could almost swear that the coin mech worked fine and that everything fit just right. I took apart the entire candy vending mechanism to include the change giving nickel tube mechanism but left the actual coin mech alone. After restoring the rest of the machine I went to put the coin mech back in and it seems to not fit properly. The mech doesn't engage the rest of machine properly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but its driving me crazy!!

What's even stranger is that in my few initial pictures, everything seems to fit. I went back over my pictures to see if I put something together wrong but I can't find anything wrong. I'll take some recent pictures to show the current configuration. But here's a few pictures of the mech and the change tube mechanism in it's original state prior to me apparently goofing it up! Please let me know what you see (good and bad!)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:37:00 am by BrianB » Logged

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:59:01 am »

Hi Brian,

Off hand I couldn't tell you without seeing it, but I have my Stoners apart and one has a changer.  I'll take some pictures and send it to you tonight.

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 10:12:07 am »

You have either a quarter/dime or a quarter/nickel rejector in there. What is everything priced at?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:33:29 pm »

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure if this is what you want.  I just took my mech off and put it back on.  This is embarrising blush.  Forgive my primative photoshop skills.  I don't know how to even make an arrow so I circled the areas. 

I don't know what the parts are called or what they do.  I'll try to describe it in a basic manor because that's about my speed.

Put bottom two cut outs of mech over rear and front peg of stand.  You may have to put the top back section of the mech (top hole) onto the peg on the stand while you are putting the front peg into that earlier mentioned front slit.  Push back and inwards.

While you are sliding it over make sure the bottom "L" bracket is on top of the bottom oval piece of the mech.  I believe its all part of the coin return.

Once you slide the mech over, you will have to push down on a lever to engage the mech and stand together.  I have two pictures of that.  It beats me trying to explain it.

Finally, you will have to push a front piece down to lift it over the front bottom post from step one.  That's it.  Very basic.  Hope it helps.  I wish I was a bit better at explaining.  Hopefully the pics is all you need.

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:36:03 pm »

more pics

A lot of stuff.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 06:15:29 am »

Larry,

Thanks for the pictures, I appreciate it. They help out a lot with how the thing is supposed to be mounted and also shows the differences between my mech and your mech.

Question: Is the lever that is connected to the coin release button on the machine supposed to indirectly actuate the coin mechanism coin release arm? Mine doesn't. Here's a picture I took this morning before leaving the house.

Brian
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 06:19:03 am »

The linkage in the picture is offset far enough that when you press the coin release button the actuator misses the coin mech release by about 1 inch. Could it be that I have a later coin mech or one from another machine that isn't supposed to be in a Stoner Jr.?  help

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 06:40:46 am »

Sorry, I couldn't help you.  Yours does appear to be a different animal than mine.  I have two coin mechs at home, but only one with a changer.  The pics are from the newer six pull Stoner, the one with "Fresh Candy" embossed across the front.

I have another actual six pull "Jr.", that has a different coin mech, but no changer.  I can look at that one when I get off of work.  It might be the same that you have.

I'd talk to Curtis.  He must have seen more variations of these mechs than anyone else.

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:44 am »

Can't really help with whether you have the wrong mech, but Larry's change-giver has a 5/10 rejector in it and you, Brian, have a 25/5 or 25/10 rejector in yours.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:49:03 am »

Collecture, aka: The rejector Guru, how can you tell the difference?   Oo oops wow

That's pretty cool.   Cool Cool

I read your response about my Stoner Cafe,

"Appears to be a 5800 series NRI rejector in it with a set of PNDQ switches below the coin exit."  Oo oops wow

and for some reason I hear the voice of George Wilbur, the FBI tire expert in the movie  My Cousin Vinnie, describing his dual-column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard model 5710a with flame analyzing detectors he used to analyze the rubber from the Michelin model XGV 75R/14 tires. 

You amaze me.  jawdrop I'm going to have to call you Mr. Mech. biggrin  Very COOL!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:27:24 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: