SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 04:52:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove Coin Mech on 125-5  (Read 2354 times)
tclaremont

« on: October 01, 2008, 04:39:35 pm »

I have an early 70s square top with the common coin mech (Mars 62xx). The coin mech needs to be cleaned, but I cant figure out how to remove it from the machine!

I might just not be applying enough pressure, but I dont want to break it. It looks like there is some sort of "cover" with tabs about midway down the coin mech, but I cant see how they work to allow the coin mech to come away from the door. There are no fasteners from the back side of the door.

Whats the trick, guys?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:48:07 pm by tclaremont » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:46:48 pm »

You need to remove the slug rejector from the machine first.. those tabs are to release that. Behind it should be 3 screws... loosen them up and lift the mechanism up and out...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
tclaremont

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:18:50 pm »

Got it, Ken. I just needed to put a little more persuasion on the tabs. I was being too gentle, thinking I was going to break it.

A little cleaning and the machine vends just like it should, now at a quarter. i told the wife this machine is saving use money because soda is more than a quarter a piece at the store.

She did not see the humor....  biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: