SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:00:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What ever happened to...  (Read 5395 times)
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« on: September 20, 2008, 10:38:37 pm »

Dan Kwate, who abscsonded with a buncha pre-orders for a machine book that had a bunch of history about the companies behind our favorite machines? Was it  a  price guide?
I jknow he got me for the price of a book. Don't know how much money he got away with or if he was ever caught/tried.
This happened probably 10 years ago. I read previews in Gameroom magazine. Never heard  about him again. There was also a newsletter, Club Soda about machines.
I always thought someone should get that manuscript and publish it. That is if it ever existed.
Terry
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:49:22 pm »

I was a member of Club Soda... still have all the issues somewhere... He got my buddy
for forty something dollars... Word was he was in over his head so he just canceled
the book and kept the money... probably a few thousand dollars... probably wouldn't
have been worth going after... Also heard he knew this as his brother was a lawyer...
what a shame... the newsletter was good... unbelievable pics of collections of the month
and the stories of finds where awesome... some really cool people it seemed too... I believe
a lot of those folks visit and are members of this sight.... Dan was a Royal Crown collector
from what I remember... suppose to have had a great collection...  What a shame...

But Hey! that was then... and only ONCE a month... This place is EVERYDAY baby!!!!!
I have meet some GREAT people that have helpt me complete machines and endless
knowledge on this stuff! THIS IS THE BEST!!!!!! THANKS JIM!! happydrinkers happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:04:08 pm »

I liked Dan but he got to me for the price of his new book just like everyone else. Last I heard he skipped out with our loot and headed to Washington. I also agree that SMC blows his mag. away.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 03:58:55 pm »

I'm going to say I never did give up any money to Dan (kinda glad I didn't  Cool)
Just like Eric & Terry This site is IT I meet some great people and talk to
alot of you guy's on the phone  .

Maybe when thing  are a little better for this country we should plan a big get together
and our own cook out and swap meet all that stuff  Just a thought   upside.

Thanks Jim for bring us all together biggrin
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 05:03:58 pm »

I also sent in $35.00 for the book. I'm guessing that most of our money
stayed at the publishing house, but I could be wrong.
        On the same subject, I just sent in a pre-payment to Nostalgia publications
for Allan Petretti's 12th edition of Coca Cola collectibles price list due in December.

I have a few interesting articles I have scanned from Club Soda that would
be of interest the group here, but I'm not sure how to post them on this site.

But I also agree, compared to SMC....... Club Soda now like black and white TV.

Glen
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 08:07:46 pm »

Does Petretti still do a catalog auction?  I still have a bunch of those catalogs.
I went to Gary Metz's Muddy River Trading auction a handful of times too, but I don't think they still do those...does anyone know?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:45:16 pm »

I have a few interesting articles I have scanned from Club Soda that would
be of interest the group here, but I'm not sure how to post them on this site.
Hey Glen,
What format are the scanned documents in...? PDF, JPG... I could get them on SMC somewhere for everyone to read...

On another note, Glen, did you receive my recent PM...?

My six cents,

Jim

cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 10:05:14 am »

I have every issue of "Club Soda" and some of its predecessor.."soda pop press". Interesting reading. I used to really look forward to getting it every month, and yes I also preordered the book. glare

cmc
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 10:59:22 am »

Yes Jim, got your PM, but have not made contact with him as of yet.

The articles I was referring to are in PDF 1.2 format

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 10:23:56 am »

Does Petretti still do a catalog auction?  I still have a bunch of those catalogs.
I went to Gary Metz's Muddy River Trading auction a handful of times too, but I don't think they still do those...does anyone know?

I don't think that Petretti does an auction any longer, quite a few years.  The Gary Metz Auctions are combined with another auction now and they are still done 2 times a year.. I'll have to look for the name, but it's usually also put on ebay live too.. just under a different name other than Muddy River.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: