SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 10:03:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 48" Coke Button  (Read 4200 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: July 16, 2008, 10:54:36 am »

I have the opportunity to buy one with the Coke Bottle and Coca Cola logo on it.  Trademark and AM-11-51 on the sign.

No pictures to share but I would probably rate the finish about a 7 maybe a low 8.  Has some scratches but nothing too bad.

Seller wanted 450.  I offerred 375 and he agreed.

Good deal?  I have not picked it up yet but will later today.

Opinions welcome.

Thanks!

Tim
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:58:32 am »

Thats an ok deal, a buddy just sold a porcelain one for $350.00

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:51:40 pm »

Porcelain ones usally bring a higher price than painted ones. Also if it has the bottle it is a little more. Now if it is white it is a very good deal!

Anderson
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 10:14:11 pm »

It is the 48" red one with the bottle on it and the Coca-Cola logo in white across the bottle.  As I indicated before it is marked AM-11-51 and appears to be in original un-retouched shape.

The layering on the finish is evident so I do not believe that it has ever been refinished.

blush Not sure how to tell the porcelain ones from the painted. blush  Does the layering indicate paint?  help

I did not get back to pick it up but the guy said he would hold it for me.  I would have picked it up earlier today but I could not get it into my car!  Even through the back door of my Dodge Magnum!?!?!  And I have moved a Vendo V-39 and a Cavalier USS-8-64 in the back of that car.

I am going to call him tomorrow and pick it up on Friday unless someone (my wife) stops me! biggrin

Thanks for the help guys!

Tim

Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:41:07 am »

Porcelain  will have a gloss type finish (like a bathtub). Porcelain will chip not rust. Look around the mounting holes, they usually chipped the porcelain when mounting them to the brackets. One with a bottle is nice.

Anderson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: