SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:45:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Convert from Bottles to Cans  (Read 51846 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 09:13:40 pm »

depends on your location.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 10:20:31 pm »

I have a nice original working and cooling V63 cooling system if you need one. PM me if you are interested. Where are you located?
pepsi man

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »

Hello, I just saw your post about the VF 63. I just so happen to have the exact same machine, allthough mine was a DP machine converted to Pepsi.
I was wondering if you still had the bottle stack and shelves out of it? Mine is a can machine now but i believe it was a bottle machine.

I would be willing to purchase/trade my stack and shelves for the bottle type if anyone is interested. feel free to give me a call at 720-244-6131 if interested.
                                                                                                                                              Thanks, Beau

Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 09:07:15 pm »

Like that light a bunch. Just installed a green LED over my door but think I may try this out.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 03:11:03 pm »

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask - Will the can stack(s) vend the small 6.5 oz bottles, or are they 100% strictly cans? The reason I'm asking is I've seen what I think is a V63-7C with a bottle opener on the coin door.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 05:14:33 pm »

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask - Will the can stack(s) vend the small 6.5 oz bottles, or are they 100% strictly cans? The reason I'm asking is I've seen what I think is a V63-7C with a bottle opener on the coin door.

You know I've never tried to vend a small coke 6/8 oz glass bottle in a Vendo pull-lever style can stack, it should work, I mean the bottles a bit taller than a 12-oz aluminum can, but the crown should clear the lever nicely, but it should also prevent anyone from just yanking out a "free" bottle from the stack.

But the shelves are quite different as you can see from my "converting from bottles to cans discussion" from what I see. Note that the Can stack has a little pusher-arm that shoves the can forward as you pull the vending selection lever out. now with the newer style 8-oz glass bottles being slimmer in the "waist" area. this might not work on these newer style bottles.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 06:00:15 pm »

Here's a picture of the machine in question. It it a V63? I'm not overly familiar with Vendo machines, but I'm starting to learn.

Notice that it has a can stack, and is painted in the red-black color scheme from the mid 80's/late in the slant-shelf era. What is of interest to me is the bottle-opener on the right of the machine coin door. Is there any reason to think both the can-stack and bottle opener are original to this machine?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:03:04 pm by Pixel » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 06:50:35 pm »

Small bottles will not fit, I just checked.  They are too long.

That is a late model Vendo 56 in the picture.  Bottle openers were standard on all early machines and the only real change to the later 56 was an interchangable can stack. There was really not enough reason to redesign the coin door just to eliminate the bottle opener.

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 07:16:18 pm »

Small bottles will not fit, I just checked.  They are too long.

That's a shame, I thought I might have discovered something potentially useful.  down

That is a late model Vendo 56 in the picture.

Ah, a 56. One less shelf, etc. than the 63?

Bottle openers were standard on all early machines and the only real change to the later 56 was an interchangable can stack. There was really not enough reason to redesign the coin door just to eliminate the bottle opener.

So they left the coin door the same. As the opener itself serves no apparent purpose for the machine, did Vendo install it just for the looks, or would that have been added later?

You mentioned the later machines have an interchangeable can stack. Does that mean those machines no longer required the modifications detailed at the start of this thread to be fitted with a can stack?
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 07:27:27 pm »

I'm silly. If the stacks are interchangeable, either a bottle stack was in it, or could be swapped in later. Then the opener would be useful.

*I'm a Derp*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: