SMC Discussion Areas
September 12, 2024, 09:11:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Weekend Project...  (Read 5244 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: June 16, 2008, 02:30:42 pm »

Ok,
It's been ongoing for more than a weekend, but finally finishing it up, The "Mini Barn" style shed is a 16'x24' with 8.5 foot ceilings AND a 7ft tall storage loft up on top for more "Junk". It sits on the back side of my lot. Just got an apron poured on Friday and got the yard back in shape with a skidsteer and got it seeded and fertilized. The kids loved seeing the big truck in the backyard... It made a mess builiding it but it's all coming back together nicely and I managed to throw some "Stuff" in there already and can actually move around in my little 2 care garage attached to the house.
Needs a coat of paint this weekend, some trim and then I'm putting a few old gas pumps and a Coke Cooler out front I think.. not sure exactly what yet... we'lll see..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:10:25 pm »

Very nice ! Built mine last year.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 03:11:58 pm »

Bloody Hell... That's bigger than my house...
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:17:46 pm »

Looks Great!!
Start planning the addition. Be surprised how fast they fill up  biggrin
Creighton
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 07:59:25 pm »

I'm in the process of putting together some blue-prints/AutoCad drawings for our new house to be built in a few years... But this is exactly what I'll be building for a detached garage/shop all for me ! ! !
I'm looking at something around 35'x35' with storage on a second floor like yours. Same roof elevation too!

Looks Gr8 ! ! !
Good Luck with it as well ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 08:17:55 pm »

Very very impressive....only needs a 48" Coca Cola button above the garage door like Terry/Soda works. Was this building pre-fabricated.........or built onsite?

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 08:43:15 pm »

Nice weekend project.  I wish I was that ambitious on the weekends--no telling what I would accomplish!   biggrin  Looks like you have got plenty of room for more machines and signs! happydrinkers

I have a little room at the back of my property where I am planning to eventually build a second garage.  My wife would like to park her car inside at some point in the future--at least in the winter.  The current 3 car garage has too many bikes, toys, sports equipment  from the kids and oh yeah--soda machines and all my other stuff.  She would like to build something like the attached.  That would give her a place for all my junk and a place to put me if I don't behave! biggrin biggrin biggrin

And I agree, a 48" Coke Button above the door would be a good way to save money on an extra window!  Yeah right!   drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:27:02 am »

Thanks for the comments, yeah it's coming along nicely. it's about as big as my property would allow without it looking "out of place" where going to make it look like a barn I guess, Dark red paint/white trim (Fits in with Northern WI). I"m sure the wife will add some flowers or plants somewhere around it.
Glen, it was prefabbed, then assembled on site. so the construction was on day, Sheathing one more and roofing the next. Not quite a weekend project, but just got around to posting photos.
I"m torn on the front decor as well... I was thinking a big 6foot Texaco or HC Sinclair sign or 4foot coke button... SO far the wife doesn't like any of those ideas... so might loose out on that one as that is the first thing she'll see when we get up and walk out on our deck in the morning. We'll see......

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:16:19 am »

Look great John looks like you have been busy smile.

Can't wait to see it next year when you have it filed
and are looking for more room  biggrin.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 09:48:45 pm »

Looks great John, I was looking at those last year, The same style at Home Depot was $10k, Sticker Shock got me on that one!!. In two weeks i'll be moving into my 24 X 34

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up