SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 10:20:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooler liner; cooling pan insulation  (Read 3798 times)
« on: February 09, 2002, 02:47:33 pm »

Cooler liner:  Well I got the Kelvinator 180 apart and am looking for some recommendations:

a.  there was some type of liner which was up against the inside of the outer wall  (the cooling pan had already been removed; more on that later).  I assume that was to combat moisture since it could be used as a wet-dry cooler......  I have stripped that liner out to get down to bare metal so I can remove rust, then rust proof it, paint it etc.. (I will be using it as a dry cooler only.....)

1.Any recommendations for some type of "paint-on" liner; or something else to replace that?

2. Also there was insulation present which I removed first after taking the cooling pan out... was going to replace that with just regular insulation you find in the attic....  any problems there?

3.  OK..now the cooling pan itself...... the coils around the pan are copper and appear to be in good shape.....but there is some type of tar -like substance coating them which could be redone in places..... any idea about a material that could be used?

Sent my compressor to one of your advertisers,,, Global compressors..... hope they are good!!!!

Sorry about the long post... any and all restoration suggestions welcome!!!!!!

Regards... Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: