SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 03:04:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This week's finished project!  (Read 7464 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 11:45:33 am »

What you have there, Josh, is an early to mid fifties Victor Topper with a standard sized glass globe. VVC also made a taller glass globe that used the same body and a black mech. There was a model that had a chrome globe top and an aluminum mech. Another version of the Topper saw it with a Lions Club emblem engraved and colored on the chute cover.

The Topper Half-Cabinet has a clear plastic front. The Topper Deluxe which has a three sided steel top with a plastic front with side holes for viewing and one other version that utilizes the Topper body, called the L.C. (Large Capacity) Topper, with a basketball size,  plastic globe.

A couple of weird but cool items that fell under the "Topper" umbrella was the Topper Deluxe Music Too which played a 30 second tune when the product was vended and Victor Topper with Viewer which was outlawed due to anti-gambling laws.

As far as age goes, VVC cranked out a bunch of different versions at the same time. I would guess that my Half Cabinet is more than likely from the early to mid-fifties. I have two other Topper's that are alike and are identical to the one you have. If I see them for cheap, I can't help myself!!  tounge biggrin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:48:43 am by BrianB » Logged

Brian
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 12:31:30 pm »

Looks good!, I always like the Toppers

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: