SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 05:46:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C51 Compressor  (Read 3554 times)
schmidheiserej
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:02:44 pm »

Just put freeze 12 in a C51 fridge , changed out any R-12 that was in it for the years before.  Prior to the swap the compressor ran fine plugged into a GFCI outlet. Now with the Freeze 12 in it the compressor will trip the GFCI outlet, but will run fine on a regular outlet. help
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 06:54:04 am by schmidheiserej » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:47:00 am »

There has been problems using soda machines in a GFCI outlet and it is recommended to not plug into these outlets. Do a search and it'll turn up. I've had 3 different machines running on different protected outlets, and they have all worked fine. Others have trouble.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
schmidheiserej
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:51:51 am »

That's not my only problem I let it run over night on a non protected circuit ad checked on it in the morning the low side pressure was down to 10 and high side 50  oh The compressor was still running and nothing was cold. Pulled a vacuum on the system showed a small leak that was not there the day before. So I took the plunge and removed the old compressor caped the lines and pulled a vacuum again , no leak smile So today I will be installing a gently used compressor from a don er frig. Only thing is now I have to order more Freeze 12 since the old compressor developed an internal leak. I hope this fixes it. hopefull
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 02:05:36 pm »

if you have a Pep-boys auto supply store in your 'hood, they carry it (Freeze-12) behind the counter (you'll have to ask for it) in 12 oz. cans.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: