SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 06:28:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo H90B - Case - Dent Repair  (Read 16924 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 09:07:13 am »

For the inside liner, and other parts you wish to refinish... I'd save the money and do it yourself if you know how to use spray paint, you can do it.
Go buy some Rustoleum Hammerite or Hammertone (can't remember the exact name) paint, it's a textured paint that gives a nice looking finish and is very durable..
Clean the surface with some scrubbing pads, soap water and or whatever else you like to clean it with.. let it dry good then start painting...
Many others here have use the same process for the "Home" projects with great results.

Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SRock

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 11:16:27 pm »

Well I am sure glad that I pulled the liner out of the machine.  The bottom of the case below the liner is badly rusted and the insulation there is shot, it's a mess.  I can now get to the dent in the side of the case from the inside.  I may attack it tomorrow.

Question:  It appears that water probably seeped between the condensation catch line and the bottom of the liner to cause the rust in the bottom of the case.  How do I prevent this rust from happening again over time?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 08:52:45 am »

99.9% of all machines had this same problem, and you can only find it when you take out the liner and insulation,... which is good that you did, now you can fix it.
to prevent in the future, you can do two things.. reinstall a new drain tube and just make sure to seat it right and seal it so it doesn't leak... or if your not using the machine on a daily basis, I've seen some just close off the drain completely , lay a rag down on the bottom pan and just let that absorb any moisture that accumulates as long as you check it every other day or so...
your choice.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: