SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:05:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice vend HELP! Hi there new guy here just got my first Coke machine yesterday  (Read 17527 times)
Mental Health
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 07:09:02 am »

Thanks guys I will look into it, I think I am getting close  laugh
phoneguydave

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »

Does anyone else own a CVC-142?  I'm having a vend problem and could sure appreciate some input!

---Dave
Roadman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 06:56:09 am »

Nice machine. I like square tops -
phoneguydave

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »

Hi there!  Just following up...my ChoiceVend CVC-142 machine is not vending...not sure if it is the Coinco S75-9800B coin changer,
or something else.

It worked fine for a week, now when I put in a quarter, it doesn't activate whatever it should, to allow a selection to be made/vended.

Appreciate any suggestions about what to test. 

I tested the Coinco and it appears to be working properly, but can't be 100% sure.

Any assistance/suggestions (or knowledge of any maintenance guys in Massachusetts) would be appreciated!

---Dave
(email: dave_s_duncan@yahoo.com)
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 06:10:48 pm »

Where abouts in Mass are you?
phoneguydave

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 08:29:14 pm »

I'm in Natick; 2 minutes off the Mass Pike @ Exit 13.

Know someone in the area who's good w/1970's machines like my CVC-142?

---Dave
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 08:31:27 pm »

Ohhh, my wife loves that mall... or as I call it, the evil place!!!!

Tim
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 09:20:53 pm »

I would have taken  look if you were a little more local. I'm in Springfield, 2 hrs away. Sorry. I wish you luck, unfortunately I'm pretty good if something is in front of me rather than trying to steer you around a machine I'm not all that familiar with.
phoneguydave

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 09:24:45 pm »

@ MaineT - LOL... I agree.

@oldskool - Thanks.  If you find yourslf heading east one day, let me know! :-)

Very annoying to have a nice, full, machine and having to open it every time I want a drink!

It is mocking me!
wrkey

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 10:09:57 pm »

I just purchased a Choice Vend CVC-142 myself.  It wasn't cooling and I determined that it was low on freon.  The compressor was trying but just not enough juice to compress.  I found a gentleman locally on Craig's List that had 2 14oz cans of R-12 so I bought those ($50 for both) and grabbed my AC hose kit that I used many many years ago.  Luckily the rubber was still good on the can seal and the connection seal.  Anyway, with the machine off, I hooked the can up to it and opened it up until it felt like the can was a little more than half full and cut off the valve.  If I'm not mistaken, these machines require 7oz and since it had some pressure already, I guesstimated on adding 6oz.  jawdrop

Plugged it in and now she cools!  We'll see how long it last... ie how bad the leak was.  It was sitting for a while before I got her.  I'm hoping for a miracle here and the leak 'self heals'.  LOL  I just need her to get through this weekend.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed that there are no manuals on this machine.  I have a wiring diagram taped inside my door... I'll try to get a camera in there soon and take a photo of it and post it here.  How the heck does the loading of this machine work anyway?   It has 6 slots and 4 selections.  Obviously two slots are shared, but which two?   On the shared slots, does one vend till empty and then the other vends or do they alternate? 

Oh... in case anyone's interested, this machine is going into 'The Game Preserve' which is a membership driven Arcade/Pinball facility in Houston that me and a few other collectors have started.  Currently we have 51 coin operated games and machines and our Grand Opening is Saturday, thus my hope the coke machine cools through the weekend!   Search out The Game Preserve on Facebook for more info!

Later,

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: