SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 09:29:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: liner drain  (Read 2478 times)
zadd
Soda Jerks

« on: April 14, 2008, 09:01:10 pm »

What are you guy's using to replace the rubber boot and cooper tube for the liner drain ? I have a Vendo 63 that has a torn rubber gasket when I removed it to remove the liner to replace the insulation. I thought about flaring a cooper line and sealing it in place , but I wanted the rubber boot like the original. Can the liner be removed or  installed without removing the copper drain tube and rubber grommet ? I have another machine with the same rubber gasket and tube that I don't want to mess up. Any ideas? Thanks

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 05:32:24 am »

In all of my experiences the copper drain tube and the rubber boot seal usually have to come off before removal or installation. They usually don't come apart from each other without the boot falling apart. I'm not even sure if the boot was soft and supple (like new) if the drain tube would come out very easily.

I've just always just used a flared piece of copper tubing with silicone sealant and that has worked pretty good. If you use an aftermarket rubber grommet, I have found that it sits too high and will create a lip that the condensate water can't get over to drain.

Brian
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 05:48:33 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I did that on my last one and it worked just fine. Just wanted to check and see if it was the norm. Thanks  smile

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: