SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 03:45:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My finds on Saturday  (Read 5765 times)
bmclemore
5 Cent Member

« on: April 13, 2008, 09:24:37 pm »

I don't just collect Coke machines!!!! I Found these advertised on craigslist. A Mobiloil lollypop sign, A Quaker state oil lubester, A couple old gas cans and a rare old porcelain corner sink ( I refinish porcelain tubs and sinks)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:33:41 pm »

All nice finds.... wanna see the sink after...
Several here collect the gas station stuff too... I just have a few cans and a couple pumps
but it's all good!  you gonna restore the lubster?... looks cool.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
bmclemore
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 09:42:06 pm »

I'll post some pictures of the sink when I finish. I do plan on restoring the lubster sooner or later. It's at the end of a long line down
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 09:58:55 pm »

yeah I know what you mean... I hate long lines... mine goes all around the basement. glare

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:27:04 pm »

I have a croner sink just like that in my shop restroom. The sink has some stains where water was sitting over time. I cannot get all the stain out. Can you reccomend anything thing? Thanks Terry

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 08:39:30 am »

Nice stuff... I like the old Gas stuff as well, as many do... The lubesters,, are they all 3 joined together or are they seperate? they also look like glass cylindars on them? if so... those make them a little more valuable... Very cool!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bmclemore
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:26:05 pm »

Nice stuff... I like the old Gas stuff as well, as many do... The lubesters,, are they all 3 joined together or are they seperate? they also look like glass cylindars on them? if so... those make them a little more valuable... Very cool!
Hi, Yes the lubster is joined together as one unit, it also has the glass cylinders, it even has the original Quaker State motor oil sign attached on the left side, you can see it in the picture but you can't make out what it says unless you see it close.
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 08:26:20 am »

I really want a Mobil Oil curb sign. Nice score!! Is the porcelain in good shape? How much?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:28:52 am by cormy » Logged

cmc
bmclemore
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 08:29:41 pm »

I really want a Mobil Oil curb sign. Nice score!! Is the porcelain in good shape? How much?

Hi, The porcelain in in ok shape, it has its fair share of pops, one side is better than the other. It looks alot better now as I've touched up the pops. For the whole trailer load of items, I paid $280.00, which I think is a good deal, my first Mobiloil keyhole curb sign I bought cost me $200 alone and of course my coca-cola curb sign was alot more.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 08:36:26 pm »

Excellent deal. Congrats
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: