SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 07:20:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper Machine  (Read 5555 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: April 01, 2008, 05:05:33 pm »

I am going to look at another machine tomorrow--nobody warned me that this hobby was addicting!!!  In any event, the machine is listed as a Dr. Pepper machine.  I spoke with the owner--no pictures yet--and he indicated that the machine is a Victor.  From his description it is a square top machine in good shape and cooling nicely.  Set to vend at .20 so I am guessing 60's vintage.

He said it has 4 selections and says Dr. Pepper on the front and sides.  Where I am confused is the model number.  He said it is a Victor VPA 220 A 4.  I can not seem to find any information on the internet about this particular model.  Does this make sense?  Did somebody else market machines under the Victor name-plate?  Any information is greatly appreciated.  I will take pictures tomorrow when I stop to take a look.

I can look without buying . . . . right?!?!

help help help help help help help
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:12:16 pm »

I am going to look at another machine tomorrow--nobody warned me that this hobby was addicting!!! 

I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned numerous times  Cool

I'm not familiar with the model number, but many times people will grab what ever numbers/letters are available  on what ever  MFG plate they find.

Yes, you can look, and not buy, especially when the seller  thinks they will retire with the funds  they will receive selling the "rare" machine.

my only other thought is  parts for a Victor may be difficult to locate.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:15:57 pm »

Yes, VERY addicting!!  You can't have just one!  Like stated above, if they want a ridiculous price, it's easy to walk away.  However, if the price is right, good luck!!   biggrin 

A picture would be a great help on identifying that machine.  If the parts are out there, the gang on this board can locate them.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 10:45:15 am »

It has been described as a 4 column can dispensing machine from the 70's
or early 80's. Too many motors, buttons and wires for most folks.
       Don't be reluctant to walk away from this one! We can assure you there will
be more ?

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 10:05:25 pm »

I went to check out the machine today hoping to find one of the "Holy Grails" of soda machines--oh well.   down

The machine is in good shape for its age and it is cooling and vending well.  Has the 70's wood grain front and is about 6 feet tall by 30" wide by 30" deep.  The guy has had it for a long time and it has been kept in a climate controlled garage.  He wants $400 for it but I think he will take less.  He did let on that he paid $100 for it when he acquired it many years ago.

I have attached pictures but I forgot to take one of the inside.  Sorry about the quality--I took them with my cell phone.  Internally it is clean and it is set up similar to the Vendo V-132-4.  The only problem is that it seems to really beat up the aluminum cans when they drop down the chute.  Needs a few bulbs and perhaps a balast for the sign light.  Coin mech and everything else seemed to be in good working order.  Was cooling to 40 degrees very quietly in a heated garage.

Anyway, if any of the Michigan or Northern Indiana/Ohio guys are interested let me know and I will forward the owner's contact info.

Tim
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 11:29:31 pm »

Man thats Ugly    laugh  tounge
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 09:26:26 pm »

I'd pass... $400?.... He'd have to pay me that to haul it off... I had that model (was free)
HEAVY!!!!! I had to take it to get the Selecet Vend 96?...  just to find it was gutted....
Wish I would have kept the sign from the front would have looked cool as a light up on the wall..... Keep looking you'll have a garage full in no time....
run ads, make fliers and hang them in junk and antique shops....tell everyone you know
what you're looking for....no telling were you'll find a cooler or machine...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pat Pixley
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:00:43 pm »

Well it is a big ugly machine, but he will find out and he will come down on the price.
And sometime you may know somebody  who is looking for a can machine and if you have
one you may be able to help them out  and your self $$$ smile.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:03:27 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: