SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 11:38:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 cent Vendo 110  (Read 4316 times)
ducatihummer
10 Cent Member

« on: April 03, 2008, 11:37:31 am »

Ok, so the first machine I picked up is a Vendo 110. I just finished a MAME arcade cab, so this weekend I started pulling apart the 110  darn wish I knew what I was getting into, but I really liked the machine and it wasn't missing anything except for the original locks (and I found those) also, the wood didn't look too bad so I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace any. I was wrong  censored I think I'm just going to re-do all the wood... this may take some time. I'm pretty good at building things so I'm going to use the old wood as a temp, but I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom before I started? where to start or any tricks??

Although the cab looked very rough the only rust ended up being on the bottle door that was clearly visible. I'm not sure if I'm going to try and fix it or try and find one without rust.

Lastly, one of the reasons I really liked this 110 was because it had the original 6 cent change giver foil-cal, and I wanted to restore it to remain the same. The coin bezel is pitted so I want restore it, but I was wondering if there was a way to salvage the old foil-cal without distroying it? or is there someone that makes these on request? I know you guys have the 5 cent and 10 cent, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find this one. Here are some pics.

Thank you guys for all your help you're all great and go out of your way. Keep up all the good work..

Frank

Vendo 110 LD
Vendo 81D
Vendo 56
VMC 33
Vendo Changer, Early
Vendo Changer, Late

Stoner Theater w/Gum
Stoner JR w/Gum
Stoner 180 w/Gum
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 12:35:04 pm »

If anyone would have that decal it would be Fun-Tronics.  There are several in the catalog and one is .06 although it is not exactly the same as yours.  I would give Steve a call at 301-371-5246.

Good luck on the restoration.  Keep us photographically up-dated!

Tim
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:34:48 pm »

Congrats on the machine. Personally, I like the Vendo 110's. They are affordable and yet still, they are really cool to look at. I enclosed a photo of the 110 I am currently working on. I got it on a trade years back and I am just now getting close to finishing it. I still need to have the coin entry bezel re-chromed and I plan on buying a new compressor from Global as soon as I can afford to do so. Good luck on your restoration.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:22:30 pm »

Best advice I was given on my first few restorations... TAKE PICTURES!!!
It's alot easier on reassembly.
Good luck on the wood portion too... Id' be curiuos how that turns out as I've never tackled restoring a 110, only for that reason... didnt' want to deal with the wood door frame..

Let's see some photos as she sits now..

Also, yes check with either Funtronics or SOda-Jerk works as custom decals maybe could be made?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: